Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I've been reading through the forum since I got the bug to purchase a tractor and some really good info here.

I've received some quotes from dealers and it really seems to me that JD may have cracked down on the dealers competing between each other...
I was communicating with a dealer today and mentioned that I believed that 15-18% off MSRP was a reasonable expectation, he agreed but then went on to say that his price would be higher because of AOR, and then quoted me $22,900...
Now I have already received a quote for $19899 + tax so the above was really much higher, this dealer was across state lines but still only about 30-35 miles away.
The dealer that quoted me the $19899 is also across state lines but a different state and probably more like 180 miles away so I'm not sure about the AOR the dealer was referring to, I assume that is area of responsibility but I just assumed that.

Is JD holding dealers to sell in just their AOR?

·
Registered
524 Posts
Hey guys, I've been reading through the forum since I got the bug to purchase a tractor and some really good info here.

I've received some quotes from dealers and it really seems to me that JD may have cracked down on the dealers competing between each other...
I was communicating with a dealer today and mentioned that I believed that 15-18% off MSRP was a reasonable expectation, he agreed but then went on to say that his price would be higher because of AOR, and then quoted me $22,900...
Now I have already received a quote for $19899 + tax so the above was really much higher, this dealer was across state lines but still only about 30-35 miles away.
The dealer that quoted me the $19899 is also across state lines but a different state and probably more like 180 miles away so I'm not sure about the AOR the dealer was referring to, I assume that is area of responsibility but I just assumed that.

Not sure all dealers are different. We will sell you one im sure!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
167 Posts

If you don't need the financing you could always look for used and save even more.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,115 Posts
I paid $18,200 for 2016 1025 TLB and no tax (financed with out of state address) with 0% financing. They will also took 10% off mower deck and front blower.

Reactions: Robnik and Mar524ak

·
Registered
130 Posts
Here's the quote I got, I went back and forth with 2 dealers. The one I bought from was really high but right by my house vs. an hour away. Eventually they came down when I came in ready to buy. I've seen others on here pay more, and I've seen others pay less. The only thing that matters is that I love the tractor and feel I got a good deal, getting the lowest price on the forum isn't required to make it a good deal. Go for the best one you can get and have fun in the seat.

Screen Shot 2017-04-13 at 10.32.10 AM.JPG

·
Registered
502 Posts
Here's the quote I got, I went back and forth with 2 dealers. The one I bought from was really high but right by my house vs. an hour away. Eventually they came down when I came in ready to buy. I've seen others on here pay more, and I've seen others pay less. The only thing that matters is that I love the tractor and feel I got a good deal, getting the lowest price on the forum isn't required to make it a good deal. Go for the best one you can get and have fun in the seat.

View attachment 345858
Here in CA.

JOHN DEERE 1025R Sub-Compact

Utility Tractor (18 PTO hp)

$ 15,216.96 $ 13,911.29 X 1 = $ 13,911.29

JOHN DEERE H120 Loader $ 3,534.00 $ 3,330.85 X 1 = $ 3,330.85

JOHN DEERE 54D In. Mid-Mount

Side Discharge Mower

$ 2,381.00 $ 2,244.12 X 1 = $ 2,244.12

JOHN DEERE 647 Rotary Tiller $ 2,666.00 $ 2,512.74 X 1 = $ 2,512.74

0% Financing

Reactions: Robnik

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
I was exactly $30K out the door, including tax for the package. Which was:

2017 1025R TLB
53" bucket upgrade
52" autoconnect mower deck
Independent Lift for mower deck
47 Snow Blower, including Quick Hitch, mounts, front PTO, upstop, etc
Cozy Cab w/glass doors, heater, interior mirror, front work light mounts, rear work light, door hold open brackets
Electronic copies of 1025R Technical Manual and TM for the attachments

I still have the itemized quote I could email you, if you PM me with your email address. I don't think this forum will allow you to make an attachment to a PM.

I shopped four dealers in MN and one of state. I could have maybe avoided sales tax with the out of state, but the shipping or me going to get it was actually more.

If I had it to do over again, I'd take a close look at the Tektite cab as it is supposedly compatible with the backhoe, but it looks awfully snug quarters in the photos. However, Cozy Cab's plant is less than 20 minutes from one of our homes and they've always built one of the best cabs in the business, in my opinion. Normally, I like to remove the cab in the summer, but I'm not sure how practical that will be considering the weight.

Reactions: Robnik

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

View attachment 345858
Jhays, that looks like a great deal, that's at least a 21% discount...
I received a quote from my local dealer today on a 2016 TLB and the quote was $20175, seems kind of high for a 2016 model.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts