Green Tractor Talk banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
952 Posts
I'd been going with JD (now have a 2025R gen. 1 with steering brakes, not on current 2025R nor 1025R, and better H130 loader vs. the quirky H120 loader) because dealer was so close and treated me okay. However, LOTS of issues with a lemony 1025R and now 2 service calls on the 2025R with electrical issues, I've decided that my next tractor will be orange. Was looking at either B2301 or B2610SU in open station. The 2610 has a very nice cab. Decided on the B series because the 2610 is just a tad too big and has had issues with sticky treadle peddle. Finally ended up with a B2610 simply because of supply in today's situation. Dealer has a couple and a couple loaders. Had to drive a little over 2 hours to the dealer because nearest ones down here have no loaders. Have 3 Kubota dealers down here now with 35 miles. One has a location to get parts in town about 6 or 8 miles away. A friend of 50 years lives nearby this dealer I'm getting the tractor from and showed up when we went there to look at it.

·
Registered
5,395 Posts
Welcome from central Ohio

·
Registered
2 Posts
Good evening!
My family and I live on 10.5 acres in the country so I've been looking at buying a new utility tractor. I've ruled out Case/Farmall, Kioti and New Holland/ LS and have narrowed it down to either a 1025R or a LX2610 (leaning heavy on the Kubota side). It's primary attachments are going to be a front snowblower, loader and box blade and it will be a cab model. Does anyone have any input as to why I should go green?
I too looked at all the brands and was not inclined to pay the premium for green paint. It all boils down to what works best for your property. I have 3 acres, but a lot of trees to mow around, so one key element for me was the turning radius. I narrowed down my search to the Kubota B2601 and the 1025R, not really an apple to apple comparison. Here are the points which lead me to buy my 1025R. The turning radius of the JD was so much better that the competition (Kubota and others), the work station was very spacious and well laid out, the quick connect mower deck (a true value), the connection system for the loader and anything on it (bucket, forks) is exceptionally easy and the dealer I worked with was very fair in these crazy times. He had inventory and was a true joy to deal with. Pricing was fair, several thousands less the first JD dealer I visited (added surcharges, etc), delivered it and took the time to go through everything with me to make sure I had it down before he left. Best purchase experience I have ever had for a large dollar purchase. One thing I did give up was the lift capacity as I believe the Kubota's capabilities especially the three point hitch is much stronger. Also the 3 speed transmission on the Kubota is something I wish JD offered. Here is what it boiled down to for me. Is the dealer someone you can work with (instills confidence)? Do the options and capabilities of the tractor fit your property and needs? Once you sort that out it become very apparent which way to go. One thing I did was load up the tractor with some key options like a lighting package (love it) and light guards (they have saved my ROP lights more than once). Very happy with my purchase and already have 55 hours on it since my purchase in late April.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Everything can vary a lot dealer to dealer, especially in these wild times. I was shopping orange and green throughout 2020 and I finally bought a new 1025r in early 2021. In my area orange was more expensive when I was shopping, I compared a bx to a 1025r and a b2601 to the 2025r before I made a decision. Both were offering zero down options of various term lengths. One finance thing to think about if it pertains to your intended purchase was that the Kubota dealer I spoke with required their KTAC insurance if you financed through them, which was going to add over $3k on a b2601 tlb. If you look it up you’ll find people who love KTAC because they try to hype it as a no questions asked warranty/repair service. For me, the $3k would go a lot further toward implements or whatever else I want to spend my money on. Everyone’s situation is different but I didn’t see the value in spending that amount up front for parts or repairs that I may never need. By comparison the Deere insurance was under $300 for the duration of the loan as it is merely insurance to cover the asset.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I too looked at all the brands and was not inclined to pay the premium for green paint. It all boils down to what works best for your property. I have 3 acres, but a lot of trees to mow around, so one key element for me was the turning radius. I narrowed down my search to the Kubota B2601 and the 1025R, not really an apple to apple comparison. Here are the points which lead me to buy my 1025R. The turning radius of the JD was so much better that the competition (Kubota and others), the work station was very spacious and well laid out, the quick connect mower deck (a true value), the connection system for the loader and anything on it (bucket, forks) is exceptionally easy and the dealer I worked with was very fair in these crazy times. He had inventory and was a true joy to deal with. Pricing was fair, several thousands less the first JD dealer I visited (added surcharges, etc), delivered it and took the time to go through everything with me to make sure I had it down before he left. Best purchase experience I have ever had for a large dollar purchase. One thing I did give up was the lift capacity as I believe the Kubota's capabilities especially the three point hitch is much stronger. Also the 3 speed transmission on the Kubota is something I wish JD offered. Here is what it boiled down to for me. Is the dealer someone you can work with (instills confidence)? Do the options and capabilities of the tractor fit your property and needs? Once you sort that out it become very apparent which way to go. One thing I did was load up the tractor with some key options like a lighting package (love it) and light guards (they have saved my ROP lights more than once). Very happy with my purchase and already have 55 hours on it since my purchase in late April.
When you pay a premium for the green paint don't you also get to sell it at a premium with the green paint when you decide to sell?

21 - 25 of 25 Posts