Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
JD to the rescue! For those not lucky enough to live where you have Whataburger, they are the best burger you can get, without making your own. And I've had some homemade that weren't half as good! But I thought folks here might like this.

Man on tractor delivers Whataburger to neighbors trapped by Brazos River flooding | | Dallas Morning News

I've been just over 24 hours without rain, but looks like that's soon to change. I'll be OK, as long as there are no tornadoes, or other damaging winds, and no hail.

·
Premium Member
8,819 Posts
JD to the rescue! For those not lucky enough to live where you have Whataburger, they are the best burger you can get, without making your own. And I've had some homemade that weren't half as good! But I thought folks here might like this.

Man on tractor delivers Whataburger to neighbors trapped by Brazos River flooding | | Dallas Morning News

I've been just over 24 hours without rain, but looks like that's soon to change. I'll be OK, as long as there are no tornadoes, or other damaging winds, and no hail.
I can see Gizmo and his "gang" already starting their version of "Who's on First" with the Whataburger name?

Who a burger? Where is whataburger? What is whoaburger? it's only a matter of time. Apparently Whataburger's are not in my area of the U.S. as I have never heard of them.....

On a positive note, Good neighbors are very hard to find........

·
8,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can see Gizmo and his "gang" already starting their version of "Who's on First" with the Whataburger name?

Who a burger? Where is whataburger? What is whoaburger? it's only a matter of time. Apparently Whataburger's are not in my area of the U.S. as I have never heard of them.....

On a positive note, Good neighbors are very hard to find........
Whataburger is a Texas thing. I have no idea if southern OK would be lucky enough to have them.

Lots of road/hwy closures. Lakes that were down 90 FEET are now over their spillways. We've needed rain, but would be nice if some of this would hold off and fall in July and August.

·
Chief Stick-picker-upper
11,266 Posts
For those not lucky enough to live where you have Whataburger, they are the best burger you can get, without making your own. And I've had some homemade that weren't half as good!
Double like your post. :bigthumb: :bigthumb:

We are lucky enough to have a Whataburger 3 miles from home. The other fast food restaurants can't beat them, even some of the mom and pop joints can't produce a burger this good.

·
Registered
570 Posts

FG19-

Every time that I travel to Texas, which is not much anymore, I eat a Whataburger. The best one I remember this decade was the one I ate in my hospital bed in Houston in Nov 2010. After four weeks of eating hospital food that looked pre-chewed, the Whataburger was a memorable treat, as was my first beer after a 30 day dry spell.

For those who live in Southern OK, just hop in your truck, cross that old Red River, listen to "Miles and Miles of Texas", and grab a Whataburger

Brian:bigbeer:

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
The Whataburger locations include north as far as Tulsa. I have had their burgers in Tulsa and yes, they are very good. However, my favorite is Red Robin.

Dave

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,449 Posts
Whataburger! :good2:
When in Texas I always stop in to a Whataburger.

·
8,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I do find if funny that a thread about someone delivering food to a neighbor, using a big, pretty JD tractor, is all about the Texas burgers!! :laugh:

·
Registered
166 Posts
More rain coming today and the rest of the week. Brazos river crested this am at just over 52'.

:banghead:

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
The Whataburger locations include north as far as Tulsa. I have had their burgers in Tulsa and yes, they are very good. However, my favorite is Red Robin.

Dave
Red Robin? Those are just like the burgers my momma used to make. After years of training my wife can make them too. We buy the same fries at the store. RR seems high priced for a cheeseburger or maybe I'm just that cheap.:laugh:

·
Hey, I want a title too!
3,680 Posts
That's pretty awesome that they did that for the folks trapped by the floods.

Now the best burger ever, well, we'll have to start another thread about that....:nunu:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts