Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For reference, this is a 2015 Gen 1 2025R with 62D MMM deck and independent lift.

For those of you who have not liked the lack of mowing height control on your machine, I was able to get about 3/4" more lift for $20. The problem being that in the full up locked position, the deck is at about 5 or 6 inches. The first, and highest setting only equated to about a 3 inch mowing height. I wanted to see if I could gain any by altering the deck eye bolt and yoke to gain some height to help my lawn be a little more healthy and look a little better.

The problem with the adjustment yoke on the lift arms is that the bolt it screws to is not fully threaded. If you try to screw the yoke on as far as it will go, the bolt dead ends into the lift arm.

I fixed this problem by buying two new lift eye bolts at just over $10 each. I threaded them with a 3/8 x 24 die to the full length, and cut off one inch from the end of the bolt.

Once completed and installed, I gained about 3/4" of mowing height. Easy and inexpensive.

When finished, be sure your hydraulic hose is routed clearly from the lift stop on the mower deck (see last pic).

Edit: sorry the pics dont show in the order I uploaded them, makes it a little confusing, but you should be able to figure it out.

Attachments

·
Registered
23,319 Posts
I don’t know if this is a before or after pic, but....

That up stop figured is supposed to be 1/8” from the frame.

I just redid my mechanical lift setup and gained quite a bit of height by adjusting everything to get that up stop up to where it is supposed to be.

68587285-9E89-416A-BB68-58426D9C13E8.jpeg

Reactions: glc

·
Registered
140 Posts
I have a new to me Gen 1 2025r. I mowed with it for 10 minutes and was disappointed at how low it mowed in the highest setting. I have independent deck lift so I just kept bumping the deck up every minute or so to try and keep it a little higher. I took the deck off and went back to my ZTR and was thinking about selling the deck or finding a nice spot for in in long term storage. I am always mowing on the highest setting I can.

A question for the OP. Why did you not just thread your original hooks? Why buy replacements and thread those? Were you wanting to be able to go back to stock?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don’t know if this is a before or after pic, but....

That up stop figured is supposed to be 1/8” from the frame.

I just redid my mechanical lift setup and gained quite a bit of height by adjusting everything to get that up stop up to where it is supposed to be.

View attachment 693530
This is with the deck in the down position in order to show the up stop clearly.

Reactions: glc and coaltrain

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a new to me Gen 1 2025r. I mowed with it for 10 minutes and was disappointed at how low it mowed in the highest setting. I have independent deck lift so I just kept bumping the deck up every minute or so to try and keep it a little higher. I took the deck off and went back to my ZTR and was thinking about selling the deck or finding a nice spot for in in long term storage. I am always mowing on the highest setting I can.

A question for the OP. Why did you not just thread your original hooks? Why buy replacements and thread those? Were you wanting to be able to go back to stock?
I had no guide to work off of. If I messed something up, I wanted to be able to go back original as to not lose mower availability while waiting for parts. You could easily do it for free if you have the die set by using the existing hangar bolts.

·
Super Moderator
5,643 Posts
Stan, how much more height did you gain? I don't think I would gain near enough that might make a difference. The tractor had been turned off probably 15 to 20 minutes, so the deck wouldn't have dropped any by then! I wouldn't think so!:unknown:I wasn't holding the rule very straight so the numbers aren't very accurate, but it's the same distance on both sides!

Attachments

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Stan, how much more height did you gain? I don't think I would gain near enough that might make a difference. The tractor had been turned off probably 15 to 20 minutes, so the deck wouldn't have dropped any by then! I wouldn't think so!
I wasn't holding the rule very straight so the numbers aren't very accurate, but it's the same distance on both sides!
Who is Stan?

·
Super Moderator
5,643 Posts
Stan is coaltrain.

·
Registered
23,319 Posts
Stan, how much more height did you gain? I don't think I would gain near enough that might make a difference. The tractor had been turned off probably 15 to 20 minutes, so the deck wouldn't have dropped any by then! I wouldn't think so!:unknown:I wasn't holding the rule very straight so the numbers aren't very accurate, but it's the same distance on both sides!
OK - I’ll play.

And just so you know - taking pics under the tractor isn’t easy with an iPad....and even worse with the tape measure as it takes 2 hands to hold the iPad and take a pic....

I had more distance than you show when I started. Quite a bit more if I remember correctly.

I made the adjustment about 3 weeks ago I think - I know I’ve done 3 full mowings since so about 6-7 hours or use so it has settled in.

495C0460-CC1B-469F-9A38-4BA8112D58F4.jpeg

CF1DE0BB-A0D0-4BBE-9918-FB64C353FBC2.jpeg

3205CC0F-937A-494C-B964-A87B91FC11F7.jpeg

068FA559-2EF9-4DEC-B302-1B55A19FFAFB.jpeg

Those measurements from the top of the deck to the foot rest really mean nothing. I did use the handy dandy Deere measuring tool when I did it and go it just about dead on with the rear 1/4” higher than the front.

·
Super Moderator
5,643 Posts
Thanks for taking the time and effort to show your deck Stan/coaltrain!:thumbup1gif: I really wouldn't gain anything fooling with mine! Thanks again Stan. Appreciate it very much!

·
Registered
23,319 Posts
Thanks for taking the time and effort to show your deck Stan/coaltrain!:thumbup1gif: I really wouldn't gain anything fooling with mine! Thanks again Stan. Appreciate it very much!
Yeah - for the effort involved to get it all level again it definitely isn’t worth it for how close yours is.

It wasn’t that much effort involved with the pics - just joshing you.

·
Super Moderator
8,206 Posts
For reference the 2320 and Gen 1 2025R use a different lift and height adjusting mechanism than the 2520, 2720 and Gen 1 2032R. When I had my 2320 I used the factory procedure to setup and adjust the deck lift. This is a must if you expect the height adjustment knob to work properly such and using the install, adjust and lock-up settings.

Whenever I wanted to cut my grass higher than usual I set the deck in the lock-up position which allows for 4"+ mowing height.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts