Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering installing the Independent Lift System (LVB25605) on my 2720 to control the height of my 62D MMM. While the mechanical lift works okay, the highest I can raise the deck only provides a 3 1/4 inch high cut (I'd like 4 inches for the drier parts of Summer).

Does the ILS provide allow for a higher cut? I imagine both are limited by the up-stop block.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
8,713 Posts
I have a hydraulic independent lift on my Gen 1 2032R (same as a 2720) and mow at 4”. Fully retracted is about 4 1/2” height.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: LeoC4

·
Registered
968 Posts
I have the independent lift on my '09 2520. It gives me about 4-1/2 inches of max lift, and you can get finer cut height adjustment with it, too. On a flat concrete pad, I adjusted the lift linkage so that the MMM deck lift arms would just catch the lift bolts on the deck. This gives the lift it's maximum lift height, but you have to be on a really flat surface in order for the hooks in the arms to engage the bolts on the deck. The plumbing for the independent lift is rather extensive, you have a lockout valve body and the lift cylinder, which sit on opposite sides of the transmission from each other, and there is a second pair of quick release hose fittings that join the ones for the loader; they replace the loader tilt function and serve to channel the hydraulics from the original tilt function through the lockout selector valve. This allows the tilt function on the joystick to lift and lower the deck when the tilt lockout valve is shut. I like the system, it should have been included on the tractor from the factory, and would then have been plumbed in with hard lines, rather than running hoses all over the tractor.

This is the lockout transfer valve control, sends the bucket tilt hydraulics to the deck lift.

This is the lockout transfer valve, over the right rear axle

this is part of the deck lift bracket (gold-colored steel) and one end of the lift cylinder, behind the left rear axle

see all the extra quick release fittings? Looks more confusing than it really is, and I have the loader hooked up in the picture

This part sits on top of the left fender in front of the ROPS mount. The round knob sets the lift height, and the pin on top locks it in place. It uses a cable that limits how far the deck will drop from full lift height

Reactions: jgayman

·
Registered
25,638 Posts
While the mechanical lift works okay, the highest I can raise the deck only provides a 3 1/4 inch high cut (I'd like 4 inches for the drier parts of Summer).
Have you checked that the linkage that raises the deck is correct? I went over mine 2 years ago after about 10 years of use and found the lift turnbuckles needed adjusted. The deck raises much high after that adjustment.

The adjustment and leveling procedure is in the manual.

I mow my regular lawn at around 3” plus have a 2 acre section that I mow with the deck all the way up. I’ve never measured it but I bet it’s 4.5”-5”.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Have you checked that the linkage that raises the deck is correct?
I could probably tighten the linkages to gain another 1/2 inch, but I'm concerned about placing too much strain on the draft arms (I've had problems with the factory welds breaking). My current settings have the deck level side-to-side and front-to-back.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts