Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've had our 1025R for less than a week, and I just happened to notice that there is no indicator light lit up when I engage the MFWD. My 3520 has one, not so the 1 series, or is mine malfunctioning?

·
Premium Member
13,371 Posts
We've had our 1025R for less than a week, and I just happened to notice that there is no indicator light lit up when I engage the MFWD. My 3520 has one, not so the 1 series, or is mine malfunctioning?
Nope, 1 series doesn't have an indicator light for MFWD. At first I was quite disappointed with that but I've actually gotten used to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope, 1 series doesn't have an indicator light for MFWD. At first I was quite disappointed with that but I've actually gotten used to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Really !....For that kinda change they charge, you think they could have stuck a 50 cent indicator light in the dash. Cheapo bean counters.

·
Premium Member
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK....so when I first turn the key on..all the available indicator lights turn on like a christmas tree in the dashboard. On the left side there is a green icon of what looks like a wagon or something...? Didn't have my glasses on....duh...what is that indicator for?

·
Premium Member
12,241 Posts
OK....so when I first turn the key on..all the available indicator lights turn on like a christmas tree in the dashboard. On the left side there is a green icon of what looks like a wagon or something...? Didn't have my glasses on....duh...what is that indicator for?
It might have been the PTO indicator (E).

1025R_instruments.jpg

·
Registered
498 Posts

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Oh boy bean counters cut that 2 buck switch.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
140 Posts
Now thats an upgrade challenge! I'll have to check - dont think there's any electrical change that signifies coupling the MFWD:unknown: would have to wire a lever microswitch to the linkage with your own indicator??

·
Premium Member
1,034 Posts
If you are on pavement, it will be stiff in turning and you'll leave dark tire marks when you try to turn. If you are on turf, you'll tear up the turf. There's your indicators. :lol:

·
Premium Member
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Now thats an upgrade challenge! I'll have to check - dont think there's any electrical change that signifies coupling the MFWD:unknown: would have to wire a lever microswitch to the linkage with your own indicator??
Managed to snap a pic of the fleeting mysterious green wagon icon. So...what on earth was it meant for?

Attachments

·
Registered
515 Posts
Managed to snap a pic of the fleeting mysterious green wagon icon. So...what on earth was it meant for?
When I have my batwing hooked up and plugged and those lights will come on when the blinkers get used. do the 1 series have a plug on the back for a trailer or impliment?

Brett

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
He's talking about L which looks like a wagon. It lights up but isn't used
Oh, that light? That's for stuff offered in the EU that we homeys don't have access to... like pulling camping trailers and solar battery chargers for the arc lights.

I'd never see that dinky wagon light even if it lit up in 4WD, I still prefer to use my ample a$$ in the seat to feel when I'm in 4WD. Now, eliminate the lever from where it is and relocate a button on top of the FEL SCV knob! Now yer talkin'! (Allright, make it light up if you have to!):laugh:

·
Registered
590 Posts

I also see another mystery wagon, lingering in the shadows, above the engine coolant light! :spy:

1025r.JPG

·
Premium Member
12,241 Posts
The wagon light is for pulling double and single trailers behind the tractor. Mine has indicator lights for pulling doubles.

3025e
From 3032e manual:

Q - Trailer 1 Indicator - Starts flashing when trailer turn signal or hazard warning lights are switched on (if equipped).
R - Trailer 2 Indicator - Starts flashing when trailer turn signal or hazard warning lights are switched on (if equipped).

Still doesn't really explain WHY. :)

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
From 3032e manual:

Q - Trailer 1 Indicator - Starts flashing when trailer turn signal or hazard warning lights are switched on (if equipped).
R - Trailer 2 Indicator - Starts flashing when trailer turn signal or hazard warning lights are switched on (if equipped).

Still doesn't really explain WHY. :)

That manual explanation reads like Abbot & Costellos's "Who's on First" routine... "So if trailer 1 is lit and trailer 2 is not then how do I know I crossed the right hand corner with the off track wheels and hit the little ol' lady's grocery cart... Hey Abbbbaaaaat!" :laugh:

·
Registered
210 Posts
I agree, this has aggravated me as well. My 2320 had an indicator. Good old JD, gotta save that dime.

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Trailer 1 and Trailer 2... I believe Trailer 1 goes on the left side hitch and Trailer 2 goes on the right one, making it impossible to see behind one going down the road hence the absolute necessity of knowing your entire trailer light system is working properly. (Or... did I just dream that...?)
:laugh:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yep, that's for trailers, not used in your tractor.....they use the same instrument cluster in a multitude of tractors, just programmed differently.....

1 - 20 of 28 Posts