Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody use insoles for additional support?

I've been using insoles in my shoes for a long time as I attend various shows that require me to be on my feet for most of the day. I've used different insoles from various suppliers and have settled on these from Protalus. They really help reduce foot, knee, hip and lower back issues.

They just happen to have a good sale going on now. I ordered a couple more pair: https://www.protalus.com/collections/shop?rs_oid_rd=1211223727772551&discount=take30&utm_source=cortex&utm_medium=email&utm_content=hero&utm_campaign=em_pr_ap_G2819_BFIJ30

The M75's will slip into any shoes, boots or athletic footwear. The M100's replace the original insole. Other styles are also available.

Recommended to my sister who had knee surgery and a friend who's on her feet for 10-12 hour shifts as a nurse. Both had positive reports. Increased comfort and reduction in joint pain.

FWIW. YMMV. :hi:

·
Registered
7,951 Posts
Good insoles eliminate foot insolence.........:hide:

But seriously, they do make a difference. Sometimes, they can initially create some small issues as they can change how the load is carried by your joints but after a few days of use, you really won't want to be without them..............anytime you change how your knees, hips, lumbar are carrying the load, a few days of adjustment are necessary, but its often because the insoles are putting the load back on your joints the way it should be, not like it has been.....

·
Registered
483 Posts
Sgs - I've worn insoles or custom orthotics for the past twenty plus years. The custom orthotics were horribly expensive and not covered by insurance. I switched to the Dr. Scholl's OTC brand and am satisfied with their performance. I switch them from my boots to athletic shoes.

Brian

Anybody use insoles for additional support?

I've been using insoles in my shoes for a long time as I attend various shows that require me to be on my feet for most of the day. I've used different insoles from various suppliers and have settled on these from Protalus. They really help reduce foot, knee, hip and lower back issues.

They just happen to have a good sale going on now. I ordered a couple more pair: https://www.protalus.com/collections/shop?rs_oid_rd=1211223727772551&discount=take30&utm_source=cortex&utm_medium=email&utm_content=hero&utm_campaign=em_pr_ap_G2819_BFIJ30

The M75's will slip into any shoes, boots or athletic footwear. The M100's replace the original insole. Other styles are also available.

Recommended to my sister who had knee surgery and a friend who's on her feet for 10-12 hour shifts as a nurse. Both had positive reports. Increased comfort and reduction in joint pain.

FWIW. YMMV. :hi:

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
I always thought steel toe shoes would be unwearable,, well,, I am addicted to them, for over 20 years,,
I went to both of my daughters graduations in hard toe shoes, high school, and college,,

That is a side note, that got me to wearing Wolverine shoes,, and eventually I got a pair of DuraShock Wolverine shoes.

My wife wanted to go trail walking 15 years ago,, I would wear the DuraShock Wolverine shoes,
and it seemed like I could walk forever as far as foot pain was concerned.

The DuraShock is the insert that comes with the shoes,, it was amazing for me,, when I spent long days on my feet.
They were so special, I could remove them, and put the insoles in a pair of non-DuraShock shoes and get the same comfort.

This last month, I found a even better shoe, the MultiShox Wolverine shoes,, WOW !! ,,, the shoes are amazing.

Right now, the MultiShoxs are better than the DuraShock Wolverine shoes were,, but, time will tell.
I only use them for working around my 40 acres, as far as wearing them for long periods of time,, but, so far so good.

I have a hard time paying $50 for insoles only, when I get insoles, and matching new shoes for under $90,,
especially when the shoes are rated for hard toe, oil resistant soles,, as well as a couple other things such as for electrical work,,, :dunno:

The funny part about the hard toes was when I went on a trip to Nashville,, we flew,,, this was before 9/11,,,

During boarding, TSA did not know what to do with my shoes,,, :laugh:
I had to take off the shoes,, (before that became a "thing") and they ran them through the x-ray machine,,, :laugh:

"An icon in Wolverine's line, the Raider is the best of the best. Style and function are seamlessly integrated into this signature boot, with a plethora of technologies to keep you going on even your longest day. SPECS & TECH Full grain leather upper Moisture managing mesh lining Wolverine MultiShox removable full-cushion insole Advanced comfort PU midsole Wolverine MultiShox rubber lug outsole that is slip, oil and abrasion resistant Wolverine ContourWelt construction engineered for flexibility"

1 - 6 of 6 Posts