Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone,

i found a used 2015 used backhoe for sale, my questions are, i need to order a seat swivel and mounting plates because the seller wont give it up with the backhoe. i should be able to purchase just the swivel right, no need to replace the whole seat. also the mounting plates if i can convince the seller to sell they are just bolted on even if they were installed at the factory.
and my 1025r has a 3rd scv valve installed, will this interfere with installing the power beyond.
\any tips and or tricks welcome

·
Registered
253 Posts
hi everyone,

i found a used 2015 used backhoe for sale, my questions are, i need to order a seat swivel and mounting plates because the seller wont give it up with the backhoe. i should be able to purchase just the swivel right, no need to replace the whole seat. also the mounting plates if i can convince the seller to sell they are just bolted on even if they were installed at the factory.
and my 1025r has a 3rd scv valve installed, will this interfere with installing the power beyond.
\any tips and or tricks welcome
Supposedly the 3rd SCV is incompatible with the power beyond (at least with a factory or dealer build)

It uses the same seat

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mounting plates

can anyone tell or will me if taking the mounting plates off of the sellers tractor will affect anything assuming he never attached anything to them. they are a fair chunk of change new

·
Registered
253 Posts
can anyone tell or will me if taking the mounting plates off of the sellers tractor will affect anything assuming he never attached anything to them. they are a fair chunk of change new
Are you referring to the backhoe subframe that the backhoe attaches/mounts to? I believe those can be removed without messing up his machine

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
If you can get the previous owner to part with the subframe, you might ask to "trade" him your rear PTO cover too. The one that comes with the BH has a rubber flap on one side to clear the BH frame or swing cylinder (I don't remember which). The regular one has solid sides. You'll need the one with the flap, and he won't any longer, but I'm sure he'll want to have some cover back there.

Other things you may consider "trading" is the tool box bracket. If it the same as mine, the tool box is positioned 90 degrees different for access to the seat.

Good Luck and congrats on getting a BH. It's one accessory that I'll never have regrets in buying.

·
Registered
255 Posts
The frame kit comes with the plates, brackets that go from the back to the loader, light bracket extenders, seat swivel, tool box relocation bracket and PTO cover. There are spacers that get removed when installing the back plates so the seller would need those if he was going to take his frame kit off and sell. looks like a triangle plate. also there are 4 longer in the kit that get are needed for the back plates.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Reading all this is making me thankful I bought the backhoe (dealer installed TLB) when I bought my tractor. Here's a question...is your 1025r and the seller's in similar condition (years, hours, etc)? You might want to try to talk him into a trade even if you have to throw a little extra money his way. Just a though.

Reactions: Robnik and Ray_PA

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
There has been an ad running on WI CL for the backhoe supplemental frame. He started at $1000 and the last time I looked, was at $800. I think you can purchase the kit new for around $1000.

Reactions: Robnik

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The frame kit comes with the plates, brackets that go from the back to the loader, light bracket extenders, seat swivel, tool box relocation bracket and PTO cover. There are spacers that get removed when installing the back plates so the seller would need those if he was going to take his frame kit off and sell. looks like a triangle plate. also there are 4 longer in the kit that get are needed for the back plates.
thank you these spacers your taking about it wont be hard to miss? i was able to convince the seller to sell the mounting plates. we are going to meet and swap parts. just looking to be as well informed as i can when we get to work,

·
Premium Member
14,876 Posts
When I traded my 1026r for 1025r, dealer and I removed subframe from my 1026 and the dealer then took parts from the 1025 had to put those parts on the 1026r and subframe on the 1025r

IMO I don't blame the fellow from his tractor, unless you can have your tractor beside his and remove and replace parts needed for both machines.

Yea would be nice if he would trade you his PTO rear cover.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
When I traded my 1026r for 1025r, dealer and I removed subframe from my 1026 and the dealer then took parts from the 1025 had to put those parts on the 1026r and subframe on the 1025r

IMO I don't blame the fellow from his tractor, unless you can have your tractor beside his and remove and replace parts needed for both machines.

Yea would be nice if he would trade you his PTO rear cover.
i dont blame him either, we dont live terribly far from each other and he agreed to meet at my shop and we will just swap from machine to machine. I thank everyone again for the tips if i can figure out how i will load pictures of the project. hoping it all goes well. more tips welcome

thanks again everyone

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Good luck with the installation. I know you will enjoy working the backhoe.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Here is the only pic I could find of the spacer plates which will need to be removed when you bolt on the back hoe plates. Be careful when you remove all the bolts (2 large bolts and 4 smaller) because the ROPS frame will drop a little and things won't line up. I place a jack under the rear but it still becomes misaligned. You will need to swap PTO covers or take yours off cause the hoe will hit. The one that comes in the frame kit has a rubber flap. The kit also comes with 4 longer bolts. (Looking at the picture) One goes just to the right of the top large bolt, this one goes through the frame. The other one goes where you see a open bolt hole at the bottom of the frame and gets a nut on the backside. Same for other side.

Attachments

·
Registered
115 Posts
wow I had no idea there were so many differences in the parts on tractors with the backhoe as opposed to tractors without it. I guess it's real easy to miss a part or two. PTO cover? I wouldn't have thought of that, might have been easier just to trade tractors instead...lol!

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
wow I had no idea there were so many differences in the parts on tractors with the backhoe as opposed to tractors without it. I guess it's real easy to miss a part or two. PTO cover? I wouldn't have thought of that, might have been easier just to trade tractors instead...lol!
Obviously it's easier to order the "kits" from JD, but if you're getting a used unit, you can save a lot of dollars, but it's actually not that hard to know what pieces you need. If I can find my 260 BH subframe installation manual, I seem to remember that it lists all the parts that are included in the sub-frame kit. I also think it has the individual part numbers too. I can photo or scan the important parts if anyone's interested. I couldn't find any links in JD's manual section for the subframe installation.

OP is still going to need the power beyond too and there a few threads on GTT on that subject.

Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
I found my backhoe installation instructions for my series 1/260 BH. It does list the parts that come with the kit, but no individual part numbers.

Unfortunately my phone battery just ran down and it's on the charger. I can take pics of the main page tomorrow, or if you can wait, I can scan the 6 pages at work on Monday and post later in the day ... but only if anyone's interested.

Other than what everyone else has mentioned, which should be obvious parts of the subframe, there is the SMV (slow moving vehicle) sign bracket and hardware that comes as part of the backhoe or subframe kit. (The SMV sign now mounts to the ROPS or BH and not the back of the seat anymore)

Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
FYI
Here's a pic of the first page of the 260 BH installation instructions. Sorry for the poor resolution. But you can get the idea of the parts included with the subframe kit. It may help the OP get all the parts he needs to trade with the seller.

The document is LVU24088 KO

LVU24088-compressed-1.jpg

Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
Sounds like it would be easier to trade tractors

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
Though I haven't done this myself, it doesn't seem overly complicated to do. And yes it's always easier to trade or have someone else do the work, but that depends on the situation, dollars involved between the used vs the loss due to the trade, a new warranty, etc. If it were me and the deal was right, I'd try it too.

Lots of help is available here on GTT, and there have been a few who have done the same thing of adding a BH to their tractors.

2 cents.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts