Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a John Deere 345 that I bought without a deck. I purchased a 48C deck from another 345, I installed it on mine but I am having problems. The deck hits the left rear tire, it has a lot of room on the right. Its like the deck is not centered. I have the lift arms in the slots. Not sure how to move it over. Thanks

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
What year 345 and can you post pics so we can better help.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Pics are very helpful and deck model number. The 48c was used on the x series also and is not the same animal.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Both the donor 345 and the user 345 are 2000 models. The donor 345 had a fire, I still have the unit. The lift arms on both tractors look the same. Nothing looks bent. Thanks

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Both the donor 345 and the user 345 are 2000 models. The donor 345 had a fire, I still have the unit. The lift arms on both tractors look the same. Nothing looks bent. Thanks
Are the tires the same,tread and size.The 2000 was a transition year,I'm thinking some had the 23x10.5x12 and some I think had 24x12x12.this would cause the tire to rub.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Thanks Tom, I thought we were on to something but both mowers have the 23-10 tires. I will try to send in a picture tonight.
My GX is an 03 and it has 23 x 10.50 tires.

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Something isn't right,could you take a pic of the deck arms to the deck.

Also by any chance the wheels are mounted different.You can have them in a narrow or wide stance depending on how the wheels are flipped.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Something isn't right,could you take a pic of the deck arms to the deck.

Also by any chance the wheels are mounted different.You can have them in a narrow or wide stance depending on how the wheels are flipped.
Not on that deck. The wheels can't be flipped unless you are talking about the tires n which case yes but that should not hinder the deck. The whole deck looks like its shifted. Do you have the draft arm hooked up and are the threads even? That deck can move back and forth forward and back quite a bit.

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Not on that deck. The wheels can't be flipped unless you are talking about the tires n which case yes but that should not hinder the deck. The whole deck looks like its shifted. Do you have the draft arm hooked up and are the threads even? That deck can move back and forth forward and back quite a bit.
I'm talking about the wheels as in the rim not the tire.Without pics of the tractor,deck and deck arms from different angles were flying blind here.So all I can do is make suggestions.:dunno:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It looks to me like the deck is not centered. It sticks out more on the right side. I have both lift arms in place and tried a different front mount. Not sure what it is called. It made no difference. The thread amount on the front mount is even.
I am in Minnesota, when it warms up I am going to pull the deck and start over. Its got to be something simple that I am missing. The deck came off of a 345 so it should work.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
It looks to me like the deck is not centered. It sticks out more on the right side. I have both lift arms in place and tried a different front mount. Not sure what it is called. It made no difference. The thread amount on the front mount is even.
I am in Minnesota, when it warms up I am going to pull the deck and start over. Its got to be something simple that I am missing. The deck came off of a 345 so it should work.
What part of Minnesota? I'm out of town but I have that exact setup, same deck and a GX 345. I agree the deck isn't centered. Pull the pins on the lift arms and raise them up. Back the deck height knob all the way to 0 and lower the arms. Watch them to make sure they fall all the way down without binding. Ill get measurements from the lift arms to the pan for you. Off the top of my head I can't think of how they could shift that drastically without being bent but I do know they can move laterally several inches. Letting everything hang loose will let you see how the arms are in relation to the deck hangers. The lift arms should fall easily into the hanger brackets with the deck flat on the floor.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I am embarrassed, I was out in the shop today and noticed the left wheel was reversed. Valve stem in. The right wheel has the valve stem facing out. I am sure reversing the left wheel will solve my problem. Thanks for all the help.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I am embarrassed, I was out in the shop today and noticed the left wheel was reversed. Valve stem in. The right wheel has the valve stem facing out. I am sure reversing the left wheel will solve my problem. Thanks for all the help.
We all have dumbass attacks. Trust me, I have plenty. I don't think I've ever flipped my tires around so I can't say whether that would work with the deck. I'm glad you got it figured out.

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
We all have dumbass attacks. Trust me, I have plenty. I don't think I've ever flipped my tires around so I can't say whether that would work with the deck. I'm glad you got it figured out.
It's easy to do that's why I asked about the wheels.Glad things worked out.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts