Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I generally plow snow in my driveway at night. I had these same lights on my old 2305, and wanted the same lighting on my 1025r. Here is where I got them: Amazon.com: OC Gizmo LED Work Light Lamp Off Road High Power ATV Jeep 4x4 Tractor 27W Round 30 Degree Round Spot Light: Automotive

I spent $30 on the lights, and about $10 more for some wire and bullet connectors. Having the leads already in place on the 1025r made the job a lot easier. Thanks John Deere! :thumbup1gif: I wanted them to be high enough to shine over the top of my plow, but low enough to clear tree limbs, etc. when mowing. I mounted them under the flashers/turn signals by drilling a hole in the metal bracket and using the mounts included with the lights.

Here's a pic in the back yard with just the headlights:

Now with the LED's turned on:

Dirt pile behind my shop with just headlights:

Dirt pile with LED's:

Back of house with headlights:

Back of house with LED's:

My neighbors may not like them, but I sure do! Ha! :laugh:

·
Registered
151 Posts
Very nice SPDSniper! Neat and clean install...excellent illumination.:good2:

Couple questions...with the additional wattage draw, did you have to make any modifications to the light circuit? Second, do the backs of your ears get sunburn???:unknown::lol:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! The LED's have a much lower voltage draw than regular lights, so that isn't an issue. No burns either! :lol:

·
Registered
768 Posts
Nice!

Did you get the 1X 27w, 2X 27w or bigger?

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
I like the why you installed the lights. Do you know if the lights you got come in a brighter LED like 47w.
I'm looking for small round LED light that are bright work lights. IF I can't find them your setup looks good.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Great - just the light I'm looking for to install at the GATOR!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I like the why you installed the lights. Do you know if the lights you got come in a brighter LED like 47w.
I'm looking for small round LED light that are bright work lights. IF I can't find them your setup looks good.
I can't say for sure as I go more by the Lumen output rather than the wattage. I can tell you these puppies are awfully bright!

·
Premium Member
14,114 Posts
Here are the ones I put on the top of my cab ,they are 18W. Haven't gotten a chance or need to be outside after dark. I will say they are bright ,At the present time I have them pointed about 3-5' in front of the tractor and it lights the back of our house about 40' away. They come in fog, spot and off road and a very heavy made housing .

Cree 18 watt off road led lighting - YouTube

Amazon.com: 2x 4" 18W 6 CREE LED SUV Off-road Boat Headlight Spot Driving Fog Light + Mounting Bracket: Automotive

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Ok. They do look good. I think I will buy them. The price is right.

How do you like your seat cover. I was thinking of getting one because in the winter the seat get very cold. Do you think it help a little?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok. They do look good. I think I will buy them. The price is right.

How do you like your seat cover. I was thinking of getting one because in the winter the seat get very cold. Do you think it help a little?

I like the seat cover a lot. To make it work, I took the fold down arms off then punched a couple holes in the cover for the bolts and put the arms back on.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
I like the seat cover a lot. To make it work, I took the fold down arms off then punched a couple holes in the cover for the bolts and put the arms back on.
Thank you. I'll go the JD store by my house and pick up the cover. It has to be better than that cold vinyl in the winter.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
22 Posts
my lights just showed up yesterday!! Can't wait to get them installed this weekend. Thanks for the before and after pictures, that made the decision very easy to purchase these lights!!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
my lights just showed up yesterday!! Can't wait to get them installed this weekend. Thanks for the before and after pictures, that made the decision very easy to purchase these lights!!
You're quite welcome! Be sure to post some pics when you get them mounted. Also, I got my bullet connectors from Autozone in size .176. You'll need both male and female. I also shrink wrapped my connections.

·
Registered
252 Posts
These look great!
I'm planning to do something similar, and hope you can help a bit:

Where exactly did you connect to?

How many bullet connectors do I need?

Did you run a separate switch, or do they come on with the work lights?

Thanks!

:greentractorride:

You're quite welcome! Be sure to post some pics when you get them mounted. Also, I got my bullet connectors from Autozone in size .176. You'll need both male and female. I also shrink wrapped my connections.

·
Premium Member
1,113 Posts
Very nice job and excellent illumination. Thanks for the pictures.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts