Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a link or source to the installation instructions for the 200CX loader on a 2x20? I want to add the 200CX to my 2720 and I'm curious how difficult it would be to install myself. I would like to review the installation manual for any requirements or steps that may cause me difficulty.

Thanks!

·
Administrator
20,366 Posts
Here's the 200cx manual on JD's website. Hopefully it answers all your questions.:thumbup1gif:

The installation portion is pretty straight forward with a reference for dealers to go online for more/up to date installation instructions.

·
Premium Member
11,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! That is helpful. I was hoping it would include the entire installation process, including installing the support struts on the tractor but apparently that is limited to the dealer-only documentation.

I am trying to get an idea if the loader is something the dealer can deliver by itself ready to be installed or if I have to have the tractor hauled to the dealer for installation. Which I would prefer not to do for a variety of reasons.

·
Administrator
17,323 Posts
I think this is very much a DIY job if you have the tools like large sockets and a torque wrench. The dealer can print you the install instructions if you ask.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
I agree with Kenny. From what I can see on my 2520 and my bro's 2720, it looks like it is a straight forward bolt-on procedure. The hardest part might be the weight of some of the brackets, but they don't look like they weigh hundreds of pounds.

·
Premium Member
11,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's sort of what I was thinking. I've got plenty of large tools (sockets to 30mm, 3/4" drives, torque wrenches, air impact, etc). So as long as it doesn't require an overhead lift or anything I think I'm okay.

I just wasn't sure what standard practice is. In other words, can I have the dealer "prep" the loader and deliver it ready to be installed as opposed to just delivering a crate.

My problem is I don't really trust the local dealer to use tools on my tractor and if I had them pick it up who knows when I would ever get it back.

Granted, if I needed some serious warranty work I would be forced to let them have their way with it but there were just too many things wrong / poorly done when I had the 2720 delivered that I would like to avoid return trips unless absolutely necessary.

If I install it myself I would know it was done 100% correct and to the letter.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
If you need photos of anything, I should be able to get pics of my bro's 2720. You sound handy. I'm not a JD-trained service tech, but I'm not afraid to pull stuff apart or install things. I would say I would feel comfortable having a big box marked LOADER dropped off at my house and installing it myself. I don't think you'd have any problems.

·
Administrator
17,323 Posts
They come bolted to a pallet IIRC, I have seen them at the dealer that way. I don't think you'll need a lift (expect for getting it off of your truck or trailer possibly). Once you get the brackets mounted, you will use the hydraulics to attach it to the tractor.

·
Registered
439 Posts
I would not hesitate to do that project on your own. I know what you are saying about how some dealers treat (or mis-treat) our tractors. My 2520 looks really easy to install.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts