Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not on my tractor, but, on my wifes' new car.
I'm one of those who HATE to pay the manufacturer prices, if I can get around it, and going this route saved me just a bit more than 1/2 what they charge for it already installed at the factory, and it looks just as nice as theirs.
She's going to love it even more now that she has cruise control. :cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
22,746 Posts
That's pretty cool. Forgive me for being naive but I didn't know you could buy a vehicle without cruise anymore.....

·
Chief Stick-picker-upper
11,312 Posts
Pretty slick. :bigthumb:

How was the installation?

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's pretty cool. Forgive me for being naive but I didn't know you could buy a vehicle without cruise anymore.....
If you buy just a "base model", a LOT of extras are not factory installed.
This one was just right, didn't even have power windows, or seats, which I don't care for anyways as they are just extra electrical load and motors to burn out and replace.
Another example, this one has no fog-lights, they wanted over $600.00 just for them, and I had already researched and found a company out of Calif. that offers the very same lights, part numbers are identical even, for $52.50 and $13.00 shipping. I'll be replacing the bulbs with H-11 LED's before they're even installed on the car.
The money I save on not buying the loaded out model offsets the 6 year warranty from bumper to bumper, parts and labor included, with unlimited mileage.
If not for the internet, and all the valuable resources for searching and communicating with vendors, most folks would just "take the deal" and be done with it.
Thankfully, even coming from a "better than well to do" environment, my father instilled the value of hard earned dollars on me at a very young age.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts