Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
decided to get some of my goodies installed this weekend on the new 1025R. Boy, that plastic they install on the seats is pretty good quality. I ended up taking the seat off of the tractor and taking the screws out to get the cushions off to remove the plastic. I didn't want to just try and trim it all with a razor blade, I know I would have hit the seat. While I had the seat off I decided to put the new seat cover on. Its not a perfect fit but I think it will get the job done. I cut a couple small holes in the back and installed the arm rest bolts through the holes to try to keep it more secure.

After painting Ken's hooks I installed those along with some caps I bought after lurking in this forum. I painted the loader tube caps Green, I liked them better than plain black. :good2:

You decide what color cap or IF you like the cap on the loader tube. :munch:

no cap

black cap

Green cap

I trimmed the black fins off of the cap to make for an easier install. There is still plenty of material to hold the caps securely in place..

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
And I thought that was the shovel storage tube! I'm sure glad you guys set this jack pine savage straight.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Deere1025R,

Could you post your source for the caps for the loader arms by the mast towers in your last photo. I have not seen these before. Somehow I missed a post I guess.

I have the caps for the cross tube and they keep the wasps from building nests in that tube. I need these others since they also build nests in there too.

Thanks very much.

Rich

·
Registered
182 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
And I thought that was the shovel storage tube! I'm sure glad you guys set this jack pine savage straight.
Me too that’s what I do also".........shovel, rake holder:lol:

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I will get you the part numbers for the caps tomorrow morning. I cant remember for sure because i bought the loader caps and the other ones at the same time.. dont want to tell you the wrong place! I know they come in a 4 pack..

Ya, i am wondering how they hold up with washing and use. They pop out but you have to get a grip on em. You could probably put an eye hook or some other type of handle on them to aid in removal.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The tower caps can be bought just about anywhere on Google by doing a search for 2"x4" rectangular tubing end cap. I got mine from Amazon ( UPC # 067138961559 ) and the description says that the cap fits 1.74" - 1.83" 3.73" - 3.83" Tube ID. I cut the little fins back with a utility knife to make the installation easier. You can cut back small portions at a time to get the fit you desire, it cuts easily with a sharp knife. :thumbup1gif:

On another note I just received my Edge Tamers! :dance: They were packaged very well and they are about 8 pounds each. Heavy duty and the finish on them is great. I bought 2 of the 3" ones for my 53" loader bucket and I think they will do the job nicely. I was trying to make up my mind between the 3" or 4" previously. They use 3/8" thick steel for anyone who is wondering. I don't remember seeing that information on the website. They are about 11-1/2" long, front to back and the contact surface measures about 6-1/2". here is a little size comparison.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I might be new but I will do my best to help out however I can! :bigthumb:

·
Registered
286 Posts
I'm with the "shovel goes there" crowd. I could also suggest JD yellow- just to throw a monkey wrench in this here discussion.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Could I get the part number for the round tube caps? Been looking for something since I got it. Didn't even think about the rectangular tube caps. But will be ordering those too. Caped the ends of the tube in my MCS because that also bothered me.

·
Registered
58 Posts
The tower caps can be bought just about anywhere on Google by doing a search for 2"x4" rectangular tubing end cap. I got mine from Amazon ( UPC # 067138961559 ) and the description says that the cap fits 1.74" - 1.83" 3.73" - 3.83" Tube ID. I cut the little fins back with a utility knife to make the installation easier. You can cut back small portions at a time to get the fit you desire, it cuts easily with a sharp knife. :thumbup1gif:

On another note I just received my Edge Tamers! :dance: They were packaged very well and they are about 8 pounds each. Heavy duty and the finish on them is great. I bought 2 of the 3" ones for my 53" loader bucket and I think they will do the job nicely. I was trying to make up my mind between the 3" or 4" previously. They use 3/8" thick steel for anyone who is wondering. I don't remember seeing that information on the website. They are about 11-1/2" long, front to back and the contact surface measures about 6-1/2". here is a little size comparison.

Have you tried the edge tammers out yet just wondering what they are like how well they work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2,244 Posts
Have you tried the edge tammers out yet just wondering what they are like how well they work.

I used mine for the first time last weekend to move some dirt off the grass. Worked great...left about 1/2" of dirt behind and didn't dig into the grass. Well worth the investment.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Could I get the part number for the round tube caps? Been looking for something since I got it. Didn't even think about the rectangular tube caps. But will be ordering those too. Caped the ends of the tube in my MCS because that also bothered me.

Here is the Ebay description. 3" Heavy Duty Round Tubing Plastic Hole Plug End Cap Pipe Tube Fence Post Caps

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

I have not tried them yet. I do have project that I could be using them on but not until the clean up end of things. Making my driveway wider at the moment. They are heavy duty! :bigthumb:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts