Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got around to installing my HF quick hitch that I only paid $79 for. I have heard some say that the hook isn't in the right position. Notice in my pic how it is tilted at the bottom. Wondering if maybe they changed the design recently?

Attachments

·
Registered
88 Posts
i bought one too on sale.

yes, hook is tilted. i straightened it and drilled another hole in the hook.

the issue i have is the bolts stick out too far and hit on the ears of the implement causing alignment issues. so i made pins with clips that don’t stick out as far.

Kenny's extended hook is a great idea, but what it really needs is a redesign. cut the top hook mounts off and move them forward and then reweld them on so the bolts are further ahead.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
763 Posts
Mine requires surgery with a torch. I agree the HF hitch is a great bargain.

3A347B45-42E5-4C1D-83C5-09DB4D9B64C9.jpeg

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
I had bolt interference issues as well. I just positioned it to where my stuff fit and welded some cut off bolts in place to pin it.

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
My $79 HF QH is setting down in the weeds,, I even have the QFS large hook,,,

maybe with all the luck youse guyz have been showing,, I may get it out of the weeds, and put it on the JD650,,, :dunno:

:good2:

The Pats QH is on the JD 4105, and I will be using that for a L O N G time!! :yahoo:

·
Registered
130 Posts
After waiting for 2 months, only to have the order cancelled by AgriSupply.com, I decided to order the replacement hook from Quality Farm Supply. I ordered it on Tuesday night, got it today. $24.88 with shipping.

https://qualityfarmsupply.com/Product//HITCH-ampersand-LINKAGE/QUICK-HITCHES/Quick-Hitch-Repair-Parts/873-dash-HF141137
I ordered one of these for my HF QH. It arrived today- works great!

Here are the before/after pics. You can see where the ballast box ears have been rubbing on the QH near the bolts. This was preventing the QH from seating properly. Problem solved...

IMG_7835.JPG
IMG_7837.JPG

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
I had bolt interference issues as well. I just positioned it to where my stuff fit and welded some cut off bolts in place to pin it.

That's what I did with mine. Been using it now for over 10 years and three tractors with no issues. One exception was I welded down the sides to ensure it was safe enough to pick up heavy items.

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
That's what I did with mine. Been using it now for over 10 years and three tractors with no issues. One exception was I welded down the sides to ensure it was safe enough to pick up heavy items.
I would have done the same but this is on my X585. I can't lift anything all that heavy. Most my load is carried by the bottom hooks anyhow.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
I would have done the same but this is on my X585. I can't lift anything all that heavy. Most my load is carried by the bottom hooks anyhow.
That makes sense. I didn't think about that.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts