Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed a diverter kit and grapple on my 1025r this morning.

Every thing with my installation went fine, except I cannot get the front connection on the grapple cylinder to stop leaking. I'm quite concerned about over tightening it. The rear connection felt tight when it was facing forward (not facing rearward according to the instructions) so I left it there. The front connection is sitting at 7:00 (with frontwards being 12:00), feels tight, and leaks at the cylinder joint. Curious if anyone has any advice for this situation.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Is it leaking from where hose threads to cylinder or wear the hose is swaged onto the fitting? If it's leaking from the swage then you need get that replaced either through a new hose of have that fitting cut off and new one swaged on the hose. If it is leaking from where it screws into the cylinder, does it have any sort of an O-ring on the fitting? Check and see if that is pinched, if it is then replace it. Also check and make sure you didn't strip the threads. If they are good but can't get a good seal then consider replacing them. Your local Parker Store or possibly NAPA may have the fittings. Kenny D on this website I think also has them. I have tighten mine fairly tight but yes, you don't want to crank on it so hard you strip something out.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
When I did mine I used some Teflon tape on non o ring fitting, worked fine, be careful not to get any loose tape in hydro system

·
RIP Chris
148 Posts
The joint you're talking about is an o'ring connection. Loosen it, turn it into position, and tighten. It shouldn't need to be extremely tight, just enough to keep it from turning. If you want to be extra cautious, disassemble it and check the o'ring and it's mating race for any foreign matter or possible damage, unlikely. If something is damaged, Artillian should provide a replacement.

Congratulations on your grapple!

EDIT: Just reread original post, both fittings coming out of the cylinder should be facing to the REAR of the grapple. I believe this is in the instructions. They are just roughly installed at the factory.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the help.

On the grapple cylinder the parts that I was supposed to install didn't have the clearance required until i adjusted them a bit. This is difficult to explain without a picture, which i do not have of course. ;-)

i got the front one to stop leaking after making that adjustment - the rear one is still facing the wrong direction and i don't want to tighten it for fear of stripping the connection. Waiting for Artillian to answer my e-mail before proceeding......

·
RIP Chris
148 Posts
thanks for the help.

On the grapple cylinder the parts that I was supposed to install didn't have the clearance required until i adjusted them a bit. This is difficult to explain without a picture, which i do not have of course. ;-)

i got the front one to stop leaking after making that adjustment - the rear one is still facing the wrong direction and i don't want to tighten it for fear of stripping the connection. Waiting for Artillian to answer my e-mail before proceeding......
No, you don't keep tightening it. You loosen the locknut that is against the cylinder, turn the elbow fitting into place, then retighten the locknut. You're 99% of the way there.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
No, you don't keep tightening it. You loosen the locknut that is against the cylinder, turn the elbow fitting into place, then retighten the locknut. You're 99% of the way there.
I think i have different fittings than what you are describing. The angle is not adjustable, and the only way to get it to face rearward is to keep tightening, which i fear will strip threads.

Note - on the front connection the locknut was interfering with the cylinder - not allowing it to be tightened. That was my original problem. I think that if i had the fittings you are describing this wouldn't be an issue. See anything I am missing?

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Administrator
17,263 Posts
Those 90* fittings are backwards. The locknut side goes towards the cylinder. That is the “ORB” side, while the tapered “JIC” side goes towards the hose.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, darn - this does appear to be a case of "inability to closely follow directions" on my part. I hate it when I do that. I just put those connectors in ass backwards.:read:confused:

Also - I should mention that I got a call from Peter at Artillian about it this morning.

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Yeah, darn - this does appear to be a case of "inability to closely follow directions" on my part. I hate it when I do that. I just put those connectors in ass backwards.:read:confused:

Also - I should mention that I got a call from Peter at Artillian about it this morning.

Thanks for the help.
At least you have the 90 and the 45 on the correct ends on the cylinder!

·
RIP Chris
148 Posts

Thanks for the help.
Once you get everything squared away, it would be great if you could post up a photo or two of your final configuration so we can triple check you and for the sake of others looking at this in the future having the same problem.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts