Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I no this is an odd request. Having a snowblower attached to 3pt, is it possibly to have a some type of quick detach trailer ball hitch mounted on frt. Loader? While clearing snow from lot it would be nice to use tractor to move trailers around on property.

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
I no this is an odd request. Having a snowblower attached to 3pt, is it possibly to have a some type of quick detach trailer ball hitch mounted on frt. Loader? While clearing snow from lot it would be nice to use tractor to move trailers around on property.
Simply add a 2" inside receiver tube to the bucket,, then you can use your various receiver hitch adapters with the necessary size ball.

pull a pin the ball is no longer in the way,,,:good2:

·
Premium Member
13,124 Posts
I'll second the recommendation for Ken's bucket receiver hitch. By adding a Ball-Dog it can also serve multiple functions.

Attachments

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
38,158 Posts

·
Administrator
18,546 Posts
Thanks guys :thumbup1gif:

I'll just add that there are a few fork sets on the market that have an integrated receiver in them, it's real handy for moving trailers around too.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
13,124 Posts
Thanks guys :thumbup1gif:

I'll just add that there are a few fork sets on the market that have an integrated receiver in them, it's real handy for moving trailers around too.
Agree these are nice BUT... they require you to wrestle off the heavy fork tines every time you want to use the hitch. And of course wrestle them back on when you are finished. I can honestly say it is something I would probably never do unless I had a whole parking lot full of trailers to move.

Meanwhile, the KBOGH 2" receiver hitch requires minimal effort and minimal time to put into action! :)

·
Premium Member
13,124 Posts
Make that 3.
Not on my FEL bucket but...
The OP has a 3PH snow blower attached so was specifically looking for FEL options. :)

Reactions: JD4044M and Robnik

·
Registered
453 Posts
I added a hitch to my JD forks. I've never had to remove the forks to move any of my 3 trailers around.

·
Premium Member
13,124 Posts
I added a hitch to my JD forks. I've never had to remove the forks to move any of my 3 trailers around.
I'm glad to hear it has worked out for you but quite frankly having two 42" forks sticking out each side while I'm trying to turn and position a trailer seems to be an accident waiting to happen. :)

Reactions: JD4044M and Kennyd

·
Registered
453 Posts
I'm glad to hear it has worked out for you but quite frankly having two 42" forks sticking out each side while I'm trying to turn and position a trailer seems to be an accident waiting to happen. :)
I just spread the forks, use a hitch that creates a bit of distance/separation between hitch and forks and most importantly, pay attention to what I'm doing. I've never had a need to remove the forks in 4+ years of frequent usage.

·
Registered
610 Posts
I just spread the forks, use a hitch that creates a bit of distance/separation between hitch and forks and most importantly, pay attention to what I'm doing. I've never had a need to remove the forks in 4+ years of frequent usage.
I don't pull the forks off mine either. I do make sure the jack leg on the trailer is up, I almost made that mistake. Otherwise It works great. This works well on the fork if you have the room to maneuver. Amazon.com: ECOTRIC New Clamp On Forklift Hitch Receiver Pallet Fork Trailer Towing Adapter 2 Insert: Automotive

·
Premium Member
9,376 Posts
I know this is an odd request.
You will find there are very few requests related to tractors, attachments, implements and means and methods of using them which are actually an odd request here on GTT. :hi:

Now should you need fashion advice, that might be a different story.......And despite what some might say, sweat pants don't necessarily constitute going out to dinner attire, even when they are tied..........:laugh:

·
Registered
837 Posts
I do the same. I just spread the forks to the outside and tilt them down a bit and it works fine. I never even raise the jack. I just lift the trailer and pick up my 6x6 that I set the jack on and move the trailer to a whenever I need it.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Mounting receiver hitch

The HLA fork pallet I bought doesn't have the receiver installed like the Titan that I was considering but it is a very nice unit and the ideas I see here are endless for that.

Can you guys imagine someone like me who has never owned a tractor, but who is very creative, and capable of welding, electrical, and mechanical skills, to have the great good fortune to come across this website and find a bunch of guys like myself who have solved most of these problems. I feel very lucky and really blessed to finally have acquired my dream and
now I get to enjoy it in my retirement.
Thanks to all here that share this hobby.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts