Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I am wanting to install a radio in my 2015 5075e. I am looking at a Jensen JHD1130 or 1630 as that is what I was told John Deere uses. I have never installed a radio on a tractor before, are these essentially plug and play or is there wiring required? I am curious how I hook up the power and antenna also. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you

·
Premium Member
598 Posts
I was looking at the John Deere site, and to build your own for the 2019 5075e, it states
All 5E Series Cab Tractors are "Radio Ready", including Radio Wiring Harness and Speakers as Standard Equipment. Requires Radio Ordered Separately.
So, seeing that would indicate to me you just need the radio and an antenna. (it does state that you
Must order Antenna seperately (L113922).
Alternately, even if the tractor did not have the wiring already installed, wiring one up from scratch would not be anything earth shattering.

If your tractor is that old that the wiring isnt there, just say the word and Im sure myself and others can help you out. :good2:

Hope this info helps you.

·
Registered
255 Posts
If your tractor is radio ready, it takes 5 minutes, take out 4 screws, put radio in half way plug in harness and antenna, there is usually a ground ring which goes on a threaded stud on the back of the radio. Test out then put whole assembly up and tighten the 4 screws.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Question, does it take a regular single din receiver? If so why not step up to a higherend radio from someone like Pioneer, Kenwood, JVC, etc. Probably wouldn't cost much if any more for a good one. Maybe a new receiver that's a model year or 2 old that's nicely discounted. Should be able to get a good one for $40-$50. Jensen has always been known as a budget doodoo brand. Kind of surprising that JD would use them if for no other reason than based off their name and also the JD name.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Hello all,

I am wanting to install a radio in my 2015 5075e. I am looking at a Jensen JHD1130 or 1630 as that is what I was told John Deere uses. I have never installed a radio on a tractor before, are these essentially plug and play or is there wiring required? I am curious how I hook up the power and antenna also. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you
Hello there, when the dealer installed the Jensen JHD series radio in my 5085E tractor, it was plug and play except for the antenna connection where they had to order a different kind of adapter to connect the radio the antenna.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Hello there, when the dealer installed the Jensen JHD series radio in my 5085E tractor, it was plug and play except for the antenna connection where they had to order a different kind of adapter to connect the radio the antenna.
On your question about the antenna, the wire is there and it goes to a fitting on the top right hand side of your cab (right hand referenced to sitting in the cab). If you take a step ladder or step on the front tire and look up there you will see the fitting. You just order the flexible whip antenna from your Deere dealer - its about $40 - and connect it to the fitting (the screw is already in the fitting). So, the adapter I am referring to is on the radio side, inside the cab.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts