Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a thread with the NOCO charging port SCUT installation. I was wondering how the knock out for adding a switch on the dash comes out. Don’t want to damage the dash.

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Help us ignorant folks out. What is a NOCO charging port?

·
Premium Member
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Help us ignorant folks out. What is a NOCO charging port?
It snaps in a switch blank and had an LED battery voltage level indicator and a place to plug in a battery voltage maintainer. You can search for it on gtt search for a pic.

Reactions: PJR832

·
Premium Member
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Reactions: Levi and PJR832

·
Registered
968 Posts
Battery Tender has leads that attach directly on battery and plug in lead hangs out front of tractor for convient use. It also has a plastic cover for the open plug when not in use. This is a maintaince charge not an actual battery charger.

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Got it. NOCO is a brand name. I was thinking it was an acronym for a description.

When I re-located the Independent Lift switch adjacent to the PTO switch, I was able to cut through the console plastic with repeated scribes utilizing a utility knife. The plastic is fairly soft and cuts easily.

Once you have scribed the charging port opening on to the console plastic with a pencil/marker, a few careful cuts with the knife at first, should have you set. I intentionally scribe/cut my openings small and then finish them up with a file. In this manner, I have some wiggle room to correct any positioning mis-alignments.

I often thought a company like Greenlee would make a knock-out punch for a rocker switch opening. The Carlington rocker switches are becoming very popular and utilized by many manufacturers in their products.

When cutting rocker switches or other things into a less pliable plastic or light gauge metal, I've utilized a Dremel with an abrasive cutting wheel.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I saw a thread with the NOCO charging port SCUT installation. I was wondering how the knock out for adding a switch on the dash comes out. Don’t want to damage the dash.
If you are talking about the existing knockout that has a cover over it, I believe it just snaps in. You should be able to get a flat head screw driver behind it at either the top or bottom and pop it right off.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Having just done this, you take off the left side panel and you can reach in behind the plug on the dash and squeeze the ears on the tab and push it out. I ended up cutting the wires on the NOCO wires so I could fish the wires minus the big chunk of fuse through the holes and then re crimped the wires by the battery.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts