Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Received my clearance $49 Black Talon seat via FedEx on Friday afternoon and unpacked it last night and started looking at how it will fit on my Gen1 2032R.

I removed the Deere seat and took the seat switch and existing bracket off the bottom. The Talon comes with a set of slide rails and a mounting frame, all of which I removed. It looks like if I use some of the spacers from the BT seat and one of the mounting rails on the front of the BT seat I can attach the JD mounting rail-I just need some longer hardware as neither the JD or the BT are quite long enough.

I did a quick dry fit of the seat on the operator station and the seat back adjustment lever interferes with the seatbelt reel, I think switching it and the buckle should remedy that. I’m sure more issues will become apparent as I get deeper, one I haven’t looked into yet is the seat switch mounting into the BT seat, it has a cavity for it but it’s not a direct swap so that’s on my list unless someone else has solved that or done a swap on another seat that can shed advice? I’d also consider jumpering it as I don’t mow with the R, so if anyone has instructions for that please post.

Pics to come as I get my hardware and mounting progresses!

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Finished up this install last night-a couple more issues popped up but it seems like my solutions work thus far.

I zip tied the seat switch temporarily, I didn’t have time to investigate a jumper yet.

I did have to swap the seatbelt latch and reel to opposing sides from their original location, the seat back adjustment lever in the right left no room for the reel. Additionally the handle itself was just too wide for the space where the seatbelt latch was, I straitened the handle and re-bent it so it was about 1” closer to the seat and it fits much better.

The seat pan mounts that come up from under the seat that serve as mounting arms for the seatbelt were too narrow to clear the base of the seat width, it was bridging on the mount arms and not on the bumpers. I managed to remove the seat mount and bend them wider and lower, then bend the tops back up to get the seat belt mounting locations located correctly.

Overall the seating position is a bit higher and more upright so I think I’m going to end up sitting closer to the steering wheel, the armrests are great and I adjusted them to reach the loader SCV. I think I’ll really like this seat!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
How many metal tabs on your seat switch where the socket plugs in?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts