1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
754 Posts
The tire chains on my snow movers weigh over 250 pounds per chain. I'd like to see those people install my chains... ESPECIALLY the last person! :thumbup1gif: Not a big fan of the tat's but Oh well!

·
Premium Member
13,124 Posts
Take a look at this YouTube video for the Chain Up Tool. If you have wheels with holes or slots it seems like it could be modified to work for any type of tire and chains.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOksNqqJNCw

·
Super Moderator
8,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The tire chains on my snow movers weigh over 250 pounds per chain. I'd like to see those people install my chains... ESPECIALLY the last person! :thumbup1gif: Not a big fan of the tat's but Oh well!
250 Lbs.? Whoa, that's a handful! I'd estimate the 3/8" twisted 2 link chains I have for the 2320 at about 80 lbs. each. A bit of an installation workout that I don't look forward to at all. Can't imagine handling 3X the weight.

·
Registered
92 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Way too easy!
Notice all the installation videos show someone installing 4-link 1/4" chains on highway tread or turf tires? I've got it down to about 10 minutes per wheel with 2 link 3/8" chains on R4's. That's after about three hours of fitting the new chains, cutting links and moving crossbars without the HD chain tool!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts