Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
If you are talking about the electric pressure cooker thing, my wife bought one a while ago and loves it, so much that we bought one for our daughter for Chrtistmas. If you have questions, let me know and I will get her answers to them.

If you are talking about something the other posters mentioned, no experience with those. :lol:

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
My mom has one. Its pretty neat. You can put your frozen roast in before you go to work and it will be cooked perfectly when you get back. You can make hard boiled eggs in it, and lots of other neat things.

·
Registered
12,560 Posts
My mom has one. Its pretty neat. You can put your frozen roast in before you go to work and it will be cooked perfectly when you get back. You can make hard boiled eggs in it, and lots of other neat things.
What is it though, like a crock pot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
What is it though, like a crock pot?

Programmable pressure cooker. You can pressure cook, slow cook, saute, boil, and even bake with it.

·
Registered
12,560 Posts
Programmable pressure cooker. You can pressure cook, slow cook, saute, boil, and even bake with it.
Ok, never heard it referred too as an instant pot, I bought my wife one last summer and she loves it. She even used it for canning vegetables back in the fall

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
You can pressure cook, slow cook, saute, boil, and even bake with it.
I'm certain someone can and likely several someone's but the "YOU" in this case wouldn't be refering to me. :mocking:

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
Ok, never heard it referred too as an instant pot, I bought my wife one last summer and she loves it. She even used it for canning vegetables back in the fall

You might want to look on the front of the one you bought her.... Instant Pot is the brand name. :)

·
Registered
12,560 Posts
You might want to look on the front of the one you bought her.... Instant Pot is the brand name. :)
Haha, in that case I bought her a power cooker, ironic, it does require power to run but I know she did an 11 lb turkey breast in 35 min flat cooked to perfection

·
Registered
716 Posts
We have one and would recommend. Some things are faster, some things are even better. I have always used a steamer for rice, now I only use the steamer when the Instant Pot is occupied. The rice that comes out of that thing is actually better. The other night I made a batch of split pea soup. On the stove top, it would have been a 3 hour venture. I was eating split pea in about 35 minutes (start to finish) in the IP. Like a microwave, it does not really replace other appliances. There are things I wouldn't consider doing in the Instant Pot. Ours gets used 1-3 times a week.

And yes, there are other brands that offer similar features. Instant Pot is definitely the most common and popular. I think on Amazon Prime day it is one of the top sellers. The rise of this company (due to this product) is an interesting story. For one thing, have you ever seen a TV commercial for it? It seems to be selling based solely on word of mouth (or in modern terms, social media) marketing. Here is an article about this interesting rise and success (from last Jan). https://www.npr.org/sections/thesalt/2017/01/18/509675621/not-just-a-crock-the-viral-word-of-mouth-success-of-instant-pot

Lee

·
Premium Member
2,725 Posts
We have had the 6 qt Sizemore for years. Bought one for my sons family and his wife uses it quite a bit. My brother just got the 8qt model and used it for a turkey breast and said it was very moist.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That something you poop in?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
:lol::lol::lol:

HAHA!!!! Funny! But no, I was talking about the electric pressure cooker. I've had one for about 3 months and everything I try in it I'm impressed by. Last week I cooked a pork butt and baby back ribs and I was very pleased how they turned out. Now, I'd still prefer them slowly smoked, but if you're short on time, this is where the instant pot comes in handy.

I cooked a four pound pork butt in an hour, it came out juicy and shredded with ease.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Instant Pot Chicken

I know how you all love pictures here (sorry...not tractor pics) so I thought I'd post a couple. My wife likes to eat healthy and shredded chicken breasts is one of her favorites. These are frozen chicken breasts, it took 30 minutes start to finish. When I boil them in a pot on the stove it's more like 2 hours. I think they're actually better in the Instant Pot...more flavor.

Attachments

·
Corndog Hater
11,267 Posts
I know how you all love pictures here (sorry...not tractor pics) so I thought I'd post a couple. My wife likes to eat healthy and shredded chicken breasts is one of her favorites. These are frozen chicken breasts, it took 30 minutes start to finish. When I boil them in a pot on the stove it's more like 2 hours. I think they're actually better in the Instant Pot...more flavor.

Thanks for the pics. You could use the chicken in many different dishes. And with the amount of broth in the pot, I'm sure the meat is tender and not dry.:good2:

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
This thing is worse than buying a JD tractor,,,
do I want a 1 Series, 2 Series, or 3 Series,,, :dunno:

Oh, heck, I give up, I will just order a 2 Series,,, :flag_of_truce:

Seriously,, which one should you get??

It seems only one or two of them do poultry,,, that alone might be the deciding factor

·
Registered
12,560 Posts
This thing is worse than buying a JD tractor,,,
do I want a 1 Series, 2 Series, or 3 Series,,, :dunno:

Oh, heck, I give up, I will just order a 2 Series,,, :flag_of_truce:

Seriously,, which one should you get??

It seems only one or two of them do poultry,,, that alone might be the deciding factor
I bought my wife an eight (maybe 10) quart and she did a 11 lb turkey breast, honestly the most moist turkey I've ever had, only thing missing was that crispy skin, 35 minutes flat.

·
Registered
10,295 Posts
Wife has one.

Below is from a post a few evenings ago.

Mrs.FW cooked a meatloaf in the Instant Pot (pressure cooker) she got for Christmas, from our son. :bigthumb:

Here are a few teaster pics. When I get the recipe, I'll post it in the Cooking section.

The green beans were cooked below a rack that supports the meat.

A slice of sweet potato on the side. :thumbup1gif:
She used it again last night cooking a load of vegetables. Man!!! That was some good eats. :thumbup1gif: This thing cooks so fast. She loves this thing. Only one pot to clean up after use.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts