Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys......Am new to this green tractor world but do appreciate what this forum has to offer. Am so proud of this new machine that I picked......I dont need all the frills of the R; but do NEED and want cruise control. I asked my dealer when we were at the sales desk getting credit, references, and contracts about the possibility of installing cruise control later and of course..."sure".
So, here I am.
I understand the part is around $169.
Does it plug right in?
Any other threads about this?
Is there a problem with using it?
What is the part #

Any thoughts and consideration are appreciated and I say...…….THANKS …..in advance...…….Dennis

·
Registered
610 Posts
I have speed control and I use it quite a bit on my 4720. The dealer probably needs to access the tractor's control unit (whatever they call it) to add the feature along with the switch, etc.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wish it was that simple BUD...…….New tractor that the dealer delivered and the part and install got skipped though it was talked about doing; but not agreed upon...….So, nothing wrong with the tractor that would cause them to come back, pick it up, take it to their shop for install, and then bring it back...….Yes, it will be fine/excellent/fantastic for them to do it but it needs to be in their shop, not mine.

So, that's why I need some help from the folks to advise me HOW to do this. Thanks for the thoughts...…...God bless.....Dennis

·
Registered
164 Posts
Cruise Control Kit
Option Code : BLV10388
For 4M HST tractors. Requires Service Advisor software order number LVU27044. See instruction sheet for more details.

Does your tractor have the hydrostatic option? the power reverser isn't compatible with the cruise control

The kit should include a switch to be mounted in your right side 4 gang switch area and it will probably connect into the harness somewhere

Now - this REQUIRES the dealer to take your serial number and submit to Deere, they return a software upgrade which they then use their laptop to reprogram your ECU. Your tractor has to be in the same physical location as your dealers laptop. Whether they bring their laptop to your tractor or you take the tractor to them really doesn't matter.

Be advised there are 2 sections of the owners manual for cruise control - only the R series has the "Automotive Style" the M series has a on/off version - OMLVU26455

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
WOW!!! Really good information. :bigthumb: I see that I need to forget about ME doing the install and setup. So it's time to call the dealer and make the best deal I can for them to do the install when I can work it into my budget. First I gotta figure out what the cost is gonna be and then get them out here. Cant see taking it into town, 40 miles, just to have this done......:gizmo: :gizmo: :munch::gizmo:

·
Registered
164 Posts
2 things you haven't responded on that are a bit different between M and R

Do you have Hydrostatic transmission - cruise won't work with power reverser

Also - It is on/off mode only (It is one of the 2 reasons I opted for an R) - That means you select a speed - hit the button and it holds speed and if you want to change speed, you have to turn the system off, then back on, manually get into the new speed with your foot and then hit the button to select the new speed for cruise.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
2 things you haven't responded on that are a bit different between M and R

Do you have Hydrostatic transmission - cruise won't work with power reverser

Also - It is on/off mode only (It is one of the 2 reasons I opted for an R) - That means you select a speed - hit the button and it holds speed and if you want to change speed, you have to turn the system off, then back on, manually get into the new speed with your foot and then hit the button to select the new speed for cruise.
I am sorry Fellas that I did NOT include the transmission information......HST for sure. I do to much bucket work to have to clutch, shift, or move a little turn-signal-stalk lever in and out. It seems that I have made and excellent decision for MY USE.
The manager of the dealership advised me and spent time with me as I sat on an R and he explained how they are used and the difference between the R and M cruise controls. For the type of work and use that I put the machine to doing, it makes sense for me to use the speed control on the M. In addition, the Kubota B7610 that is replaced now to do the heavy work with the GREEN, has so much more potential and functionality...……..

Thanks for the thoughts and oh so much information put out for not only ME; but others using this forum...…..God bless...Dennis

·
Registered
164 Posts
I am sorry Fellas that I did NOT include the transmission information......HST for sure. I do to much bucket work to have to clutch, shift, or move a little turn-signal-stalk lever in and out. It seems that I have made and excellent decision for MY USE.
The manager of the dealership advised me and spent time with me as I sat on an R and he explained how they are used and the difference between the R and M cruise controls. For the type of work and use that I put the machine to doing, it makes sense for me to use the speed control on the M. In addition, the Kubota B7610 that is replaced now to do the heavy work with the GREEN, has so much more potential and functionality...……..

Thanks for the thoughts and oh so much information put out for not only ME; but others using this forum...…..God bless...Dennis
As long as you are informed, then only you can make choices based on your situation

I am quite sure there are dealers out there who would leave tidbits of info out, charge you $$$$$$$ to add cruise, then after you find out it doesn't work as you were expecting.

Good luck and enjoy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts