Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had a 24x40 polebarn put up. I would like to hear some suggestions on finishing the inside. I live in upstate ny. I'm planning on heating it with a wood stove, also it will have electric in it. My thought was to run 2x4's horizontality on the outside of my poles in line with the purlins. As far as insulation I would love to have foam blown in but the price for that is crazy. Any one ever heard of or used a product called prodex. I'm thinking on using that. Any suggestions would really be appreciated. THANKS.

·
Administrator
17,252 Posts
Your pictures didn't load?:lol:

:ttiwwp:

I have never heard of that product. Have you actually got a few quotes on the spray foam?

·
Premium Member
1,113 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well my barn is almost finished, haven't taken any pictures yet but I will when its done. I did get a couple of quotes on foam insulation, both were over $4,000. I ran 2x4's horizonal with my poles on 16'' centers. I used 7/16'' osb for the walls and steel panels for the ceiling. I put R19 unfaced bates with 6mil poly in the walls and R30 in the ceiling. Total material cost came to $2600, and $1050 for the electrical. Labor was supplying food and drinks for my son and one of is friends who just happens to be a carpenter by trade. I did the electrical with a friend of mine who is a retired electrician. Just some finishing touches left, depends on my son and his friend when they have the time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts