Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I have been so busy I have even looked to see anything about the new iOS. I have an iPhone 5s and 4s and I'm wondering should I move up to 8.

Give me your thoughts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
892 Posts
I'm typing with a 4S running it currently. So far no complaints.

Jim

·
Administrator
17,303 Posts
I've only upgraded my iPad2 so far, and there are quite a few glitches. If fact safari just locked up again while typing this reply. My suggestion is to wait till at least the next update, that's when Ill try my 5s maybe.

·
Administrator
20,363 Posts
I'm on iOS 8 on all my devices. So far everything including PDFs have worked like the commercials advertise. No issues here, at least yet.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I usually wait to upgrade till I am sure there are no major issues (sometimes having to wait till the next update of the latest version). I will say I like it and have no issues on my iphone 6.

·
Registered
892 Posts
I would recommend whenever you decide to take the plunge, use iTunes to do the task. I have my devices clamped down pretty tight and so far haven't found anything worth noting. 2 iPhone 4Ss and 1 iPad 2. All 16GB.

Jim

·
Premium Member
3,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks to everyone for the updates. I'll probably hold off for a week or so more. More due to lack of time than anything else.

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
I don't have enough memory on my 4S it says. I need at least 4.6mb.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
I have an iPad only because the native VPN service in android does not work. The ipad has allowed me access to my work servers without firing up the laptop which is nice when traveling. Apple broke something in the VPN service and now it does not work. And Safari now is absolutely horrible.

Apple tried to do entirely to much with this version and really messed up. I always heard Apple people say they stayed away from android because of bad updates, this is way worse than anything I have ever dealt with during android updates.

I too am dealing with crashes, keyboard lag and the likes.

As soon as I can decide on a new tablet this thing is history.

·
Administrator
20,363 Posts
I don't have enough memory on my 4S it says. I need at least 4.6mb.
Use iTunes. Then you don't have the larger memory requirements. :good2:

·
Administrator
17,303 Posts
Isn't that great...glad I didn't do my 5s yet.

Had to reboot my iPad twice this morning to get the 3G to connected, just says "no service" at the top. Seems to be another bug they have after doing some searching. This is the third time that's happened so far.

-the keyboard lag makes for difficult typing
-the new photo album is unbelievably horrible, took me forever to find a picture I knew was there
-safari keeps locking up
-the "X" is missing from safari to close the website your looking at, you now have to open the multiple tab buttonthing to X it out.
-the disappearing toolbar in safari is obnoxious
-I'm mixed on the word suggestions when typing, I am giving a try for a while.

edit: the cut/past/copy thing is all jacked up now also. What a PITA, I hate change.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Wondering if some of these problems are related to the self installer. Again, I really haven't noticed anything not working yet and I even use the VPN for a few places. I updated through iTunes though and let it do a full backup prior to the update. I have not turned on the cloud drive and i have my .mac settings limited. Also did not try 8.0.1 and now it is gone. 8.0.2 should be out soon.

I do like the parental controls offered to iTunes purchases now.

Jim

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Isn't that great...glad I didn't do my 5s yet.

Had to reboot my iPad twice this morning to get the 3G to connected, just says "no service" at the top. Seems to be another bug they have after doing some searching. This is the third time that's happened so far.

-the keyboard lag makes for difficult typing
-the new photo album is unbelievably horrible, took me forever to find a picture I knew was there
-safari keeps locking up
-the "X" is missing from safari to close the website your looking at, you now have to open the multiple tab buttonthing to X it out.
-the disappearing toolbar in safari is obnoxious
-I'm mixed on the word suggestions when typing, I am giving a try for a while.

edit: the cut/past/copy thing is all jacked up now also. What a PITA, I hate change.
I concur on all those issues...I don't hate change but I hate change for the sake of change or fixing something that isn't broke.

It's hard to figure out what Apple was trying to accomplish. They seem to have thrown a few Android tweaks at IOS, the same tweaks that make Android a little clunky.

·
Administrator
17,303 Posts
Did the 8.0.2 patch/upgrade last night, things don't seem much better.

-still disconnected the 3G, had to reboot just now
-typing still seems like it stuttering
-photo management still SUCKS
-will try to upload a picture, that kept failing yesterday

image.jpg

That seems to work now at least...

·
Administrator
20,363 Posts
Strange. I'm not having any issues.... I do however don't like the fact I no longer have the camera roll album in photos. Very annoying to try and find a pic.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Strange. I'm not having any issues.... I do however don't like the fact I no longer have the camera roll album in photos. Very annoying to try and find a pic.
I agree on the camera roll album not being there. Extremely annoying. Other than that I'm not having any issues with IOS 8.0.2.

·
Premium Member
3,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I upgraded to 8.0.2 over the weekend and have had no issues. Everything seams to be where I left it.

·
Administrator
17,303 Posts
I still keep getting the "No Service" problem, notice the upper left corner:

image.jpg

I guess I need to do a restore from scratch, what a time consuming PITA that's going to be :thumbsdown:

1 - 20 of 43 Posts