Green Tractor Talk banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Administrator
20,304 Posts
Ok, so I tried a science experiment. On my phone on my private wifi, I can access Fit Rite with no issues. When wifi is off and I'm on AT&T, site is forbidden. It's AT&T. I'm not sure how you go about fixing that.

·
Administrator
17,135 Posts
I think the ATT 4G network has your host blocked for whatever reason Brian, several of us on ATT (outside of your state) are getting the 403 errors.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I think the ATT 4G network has your host blocked for whatever reason Brian, several of us on ATT (outside of your state) are getting the 403 errors.
I'm checking with the webhost right now. We pay extra for a dedicated IP number just so it won't be blocked. Network Tools: DNS,IP,Email

I'll be checking with AT&T tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
13,969 Posts
Works for me using Frontier, DSl on laptop and VZ cellphone.

·
Premium Member
1,786 Posts
ATT local landine or 4G?
For an Engineer - I'm fairly computarded. Not sure. I think 4G. 4G....5G....whatever it takes :lol:

·
Administrator
17,135 Posts
FYI still cannot connect via ATT 4G.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Would a couple of you guys that could not get access to my website please try again. Need to know if we need to pester AT&T some more.

Thanks.
Thanks, Brian. If the folks who can't access the website give it another try, I'll have an IP number from the error message on the back end to give to AT&T when I call them later.

So, please, try again (even though you'll most likely fail), but the information I can gather should (hopefully) get this situation rectified.

Fit Rite Hydraulics - fitritehydraulics.com

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Thanks, Brian. If the folks who can't access the website give it another try, I'll have an IP number from the error message on the back end to give to AT&T when I call them later.

So, please, try again (even though you'll most likely fail), but the information I can gather should (hopefully) get this situation rectified.

Fit Rite Hydraulics - fitritehydraulics.com
I just tried and was denied.

·
Premium Member
1,786 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Well, it hit me this morning. I used the last of the eggs for breakfast yesterday before Brian went up to the property to clear weeds from around the storage containers (looks like we're going to have a bad fire season this year), so he took me out to breakfast this morning.

Sitting, waiting on our food, I opened up my little basic phone, checked my email (google), went to facebook. Service down, can't get in. Hmmmm....

Type in fitritehydraulics.com. Guess what? 403 error.

First thing I did when we got home was contact ATT. She tried to tell me that the website was too big. Uh, no, I don't think so. That page isn't even 17kb. Besides, that wouldn't throw a 403 error. I reminded her that it HAD pulled up for me last month.

Lots of back and forth in chat, end result, she's bumping it up to a ticket or whatever. Now, I wait. Patience has never been my virtue. :dunno:

Wishing you all a safe and sane and fun Fourth of July weekend!

·
Registered
3,795 Posts
I think you have enough evidence that it definitely sounds like an AT&T problem. I have no problem in pulling up the web site here on a rural DSL line and it pulls up quickly, so them telling you the site is too big is just hogwash. Threaten them with legal action. That will get them moving on this.

By the way, I am a satisfied customer of Fit Rite. I use my hydraulic top link nearly every time I use the 3pt hitch.

Dave

·
Registered
7 Posts
My head hurts

After dealing with their chat support Sunday (she could pull it up on Firefox and Internet explorer, but Chrome kicked out an error message) she sent the problem a level up. And I spent over an hour on the phone with them and once again, it was escalated.

I asked the FB AT&T about not being able to access FB (because, come on, FB wouldn't have a server down for this long, amiright?) They send me a link. I go to the link.

It's all about what's wrong with my device. Seriously.

:banghead:

·
Registered
424 Posts
After dealing with their chat support Sunday (she could pull it up on Firefox and Internet explorer, but Chrome kicked out an error message) she sent the problem a level up. And I spent over an hour on the phone with them and once again, it was escalated.

I asked the FB AT&T about not being able to access FB (because, come on, FB wouldn't have a server down for this long, amiright?) They send me a link. I go to the link.

It's all about what's wrong with my device. Seriously.

:banghead:
it fails to load with Microsoft Edge on windows 10 mobile on ATT wireless as well, if that helps.

·
Premium Member
722 Posts
works for me, it loads fast.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just set up a new 403.shtml page (HTML is short for hypertext markup language, the "s" is for server side includes...). Now, anybody who gets that forbidden message will see this message:

It has come to our attention that some people are unable to access the Fit Rite Hydraulics website when using their cell phones. They are getting a 403 forbidden message.

This is not due to problems with our website. I have gone through all of our blacklisted IP addresses and there were none that matched any of the IP addresses that are getting this 403 error message.

All of the legitmate users that have been getting this message have one thing in common.

AT&T is their data provider. Verizon, Sprint, and others are having no problems whatsoever.

I advise that you contact AT&T to find out what the problem is. I have notified them multiple times with no resolution.

From their Facebook PM to me: Advanced Tech Support number is 800-331-0500

I can't access our website with my phone.

Fit Rite email: [email protected]

Office phone: (619) 356-5274

Cell: (619) 312-5144
Maybe this will put a fire under somebody's backside to get it fixed. :nunu: <---You don't mess with me. :laugh:

Thanks for all of your help.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts