Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I have an old 4S (I have a 6 now), but I let my grandson play with the 4S. He had lost it for a spell when we found it the other day. Since then there have been a few updates that didn't get completed. I don't know if that hs anything to do with anything, just information.

Problem: I cannot get it to connect to my WiFi now - any thoughts? :dunno:

·
Administrator
20,368 Posts
Can't you plug it to a computer with iTunes?

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
I have to turn mine off and then back on sometimes to get it to quit doing weird things. Just a thought.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,136 Posts
Does the WiFi/Router have a limited number of connection that have be used up?

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have to turn mine off and then back on sometimes to get it to quit doing weird things. Just a thought.
Tried this several times - it sees the connection, just won't connect. Understand, I do not carry any plan on this, its just my grandsons toy to use with a WiFi connection - he's 3 1/2.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Does the WiFi/Router have a limited number of connection that have be used up?
I don't know, good question, wouldn't know how to know. But I am on my Surface now on WiFi and even when it was shutdown it still wouldn't connect.

·
Super Moderator
4,904 Posts
Does it have the correct WiFi password? (To obvious?)

·
Registered
210 Posts
Might try deleting the wi-fi conncections and letting it refind it and re enter the pass word,

·
Super Moderator
7,919 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,919 Posts
It won't even get that far. I hit connect and it does its thing and then won't connect. Its set up to know this WiFi.
Go into "Settings," "Wi-Fi," Select your Network Router Name and then "Forget this Network."

Restart the phone then go into "Settings," "Wi-Fi," and your network should appear. You'll be asked for the password and then it should connect.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Did it, it came up "Unable to join network" - wait! Did not restart phone, shutting it down now. Well after a reboot it now says "failed to join network"

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok if I go to the network page on the phone none of the stuff has any numbers - such as:

• IP Address
  • Subnet Mask
  • Router
  • DNS
  • Search Domains
  • Client ID

·
Super Moderator
7,919 Posts
Go into Wi-Fi settings and turn it off. Shut the phone down.

Hold the home button down prior to turning the phone on and continue holding the home button down until the Apple icon appears.

After the home screen appears go back into Wi-Fi settings and turn it back on. Should then find your router, enter password and you should be OK.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Nope, still nothing. :banghead: I wouldn't normally care but when he is here, "my" phone will just be sitting there and he'll walk up and be real nice (3 1/2 yrs old) and talk about his Hotwheel or something and slyly reach hover a snatch "my" phone and right in his normal conversation say "it's ok grandpa" and walk away. It's not like I am in any condition to chase him down.... :flag_of_truce:

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
Go into Settings, General, Reset, and you can select one of the options you think may help. Possibly "Reset Network Settings" first.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm doing it - when Red letters come up first, that's kinda scary :danger:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts