Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 145 automatic lawnmower that my father in law gave me a couple years ago. It looked brand new because he washes it after every mowing and took very good care of it. I have always looked at it as a mint machine. The transmission seems to be having issues lately and I noticed I had clicked 800 hours on it today mowing. Is that a lot? I know he mowed a couple acres every week or more so knew it would have some time on it but that surprised me. What’s lifespan of a light duty machine like this. How many hours do you guys have on yours?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As far as I know it was never changed. Problem I am having is once it gets warmed up after mowing awhile I am unable to go up steeper hills. The engine doesn’t bog down and belt doesn’t slip it’s just like it’s in high gear and won’t go. Transmission seems not have enough torque to turn the wheels. Where before it would turn them until it lost traction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
113 Posts
Some things from Tuff Torq
QUESTION: My mower slows down after it warms up. What is wrong?
ANSWER: Make sure all external connections are in place and functioning properly; this also includes the drive pulley, belt, and the engine rpms. Make sure the wheel hub keys are installed and double-check all external parts. If all is OK, then you should inspect the oil inside the trans. If the unit is low, then add oil. If this doesn’t solve the problem, then it must be rebuilt with a repair kit or replaced with a new transaxle.

Tech Tips -Using Tuff Torq repair kits on your hydrostatic transaxle

Tuff Torq Loss of Power - Tips to diagnose and repair

https://www.tufftorqservices.com/instance1EnvEEdefault/FlatHTML/TechInfo/ttcoil/pdfs/cc%20K46%20with%20Internal%20Reservoir.pdf

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
I have 1100 on my 2002 x595 and 1567 on my 98 345.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I had a 325 with 2100 on the clock when it let go. My 455 has 1500 or so currently. When the hours start piling up, the difference between a $1500 machine and $10,000 machine show loud and clear. Its too bad Deere built throw away machines but its our fault. The American people demanded it and Deere answered. At 50 hours a year, it still would be a 16 year machine. That's not too shabby for an entry level machine. My 455 is 20 this year but I expect far more and have no reason to believe it won't deliver. Just in case, I say a prayer for him every once in a while. So far, so good.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts