Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
About to pull the trigger on a 2025R with backhoe and land plane. Does anyone see a benefit to getting the i-match hitch when switching between these two implements?

Thanks,

·
Super Moderator
5,291 Posts
You'll have to remove the iMatch to mount the backhoe so it's useless as far as the backhoe is concerned.

Using an iMatch with make connecting your land plane easier than not having it. It's really at it's optimum when switching between 3pt implements. It takes me less than a minute to switch between my ballast box and rear blade using teh iMatch. It's a 20 minute process (with lots of grunting!) without it.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Ditto. If using your 3 point hitch, it's a huge time (and back) saver.

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
Hi guys,
About to pull the trigger on a 2025R with backhoe and land plane. Does anyone see a benefit to getting the i-match hitch when switching between these two implements?

Thanks,

I would not be without my iMatch. However, I do not have a backhoe. If the only rear implement are are going to have is the land plane, then it is not really worthwhile as you will have to remove the iMatch to put on the backhoe, then reattach it before connecting the land plane. Not very much worthwhile. However, you can bet you will get more attachments as time goes on, so you can make the decision to get it now or later when you get more attachments. Remember that for most people, the backhoe does not get used that often.

Dave

·
Premium Member
1,924 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
It makes the sun shine, if it’s got Ken’s Bolt On Hook added to it. 5 min. On or off with a harbor freight cheap dolly with a few wood blocks screwed on. This package makes switching toys (tools) a no brainer. It takes me longer to flip the two levers then to switch between the box blade and my tiller.(drive shaft not included). Then 10 minutes , BH on a Bxpanded dolly on to the tractor. Unfortunately then I need a nap before actual work.:laugh:

·
Premium Member
2,795 Posts
I like the Imatch. I have them on both the 1025R and 2038R. Makes it a snap with box blade or salt spreader. If you buy it same time has tracker save some money. :gizmo:

·
Premium Member
13,034 Posts
You didn't say how you plan to use the backhoe and land plane. I doubt very much you will be constantly switching between those two implements. If you are it will be a bit of a PITA.

Even with only one implement, it's unlikely you would leave that implement attached all the time so the iMatch still makes attaching and detaching quick and easy.

But the other thing that an iMatch (or any quick hitch for that matter) does it is helps to avoid having to adjust the sway chains each time. On most compact tractors, especially JD, adjusting the sway chain turnbuckles is painful and awkward. With an iMatch you pretty much adjust the sway chains once when you attach the iMatch and then you are good for all implements.

Again, since one of your implements is a backhoe you negate some of this because you have to undo everything and remove the entire 3PH assy every time you want to use an attachment other than the backhoe.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I’ve been converted from was it necessary to never wanting to be without it. Alternatively there are aftermarket brands that are 1/3 the price that all have the same function.

Deere in Canada wanted $500. I picked an agriease brand for $150 on a sale. Sure the paint isn’t green but it works the same

·
Registered
201 Posts
I have a backhoe for my 1025 and the iMatch. I have the iMatch on most of the time as I switch between my carryall, rake, and snowplow without a lot of effort.

I also have a 3038 and use the iMatch for our tiller, rotary cutter and back blade.

I highly recommend the iMatch.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
I had the harbor freight one on my 1025 with backhoe. and wouldn’t be without it. I had other implements also. So if you will at any point get other implements then YES get it. If you know 100% that you won’t get other implements then I’d prolly say save the money. But trust us. You will get another implement so just get it.

I just upgraded to the 2025 and bought the imatch just because I wanted the green and Kenny’s imatch hook. I also didn’t have an issue with my $99 harbor freight one. I think I paid $300 for the imatch and got it with 0%

·
Premium Member
9,333 Posts
The I Match Hitch are like the thumbs of the human hands. Can you do things without your thumbs, yes, but without thumbs tasks are more difficult, more time consuming and awkward and cumbersome and in the case of the IMatch, more dangerous to do without because it requires you to spend more time between the tractor and implement. Sure, if the implement has a PTO shaft, you still need to deal with hooking that up, but getting the implement hooked up is so much easier with the I Match.

The only issues I have seen with the "Non Deere" I Match style connectors / hitches are that people seem to encounter some implements which either may not or won't fit without some modifications or alterations of the unit. I am not familiar with anyone having the connection issue with the actual I Match unit from Deere.

The new style I Match Hitch Center Hook from Kenny's Bolt on Hooks is an ideal compliment to the Deere I Match.

Ken even offers that same greatly improved hook for the Non Deere import unit hitches . Just make sure it will fit your Imported Hitch.

In my opinion, the following things are all necessary, very helpful, valuable and worth the money on new SCUT's and CUT's, regardless of the brand of machine.

1. The I Match style "Quick Connecting" 3 point hitch.

2. A set of pallet forks light, but strong and good quality.

3. A set of Ken's Bolt on Hooks and Clevis Attachments

4. LED work lights front and rear.

5. The suicide knob or "Steering Spinner" on the steering wheel.

All of these items make very useful machine even more useful.......

·
Registered
75 Posts
I- match measurement

Hello all, I just wanted to chime in. I bought my I-match from the dealer when I bought the tractor and it has been really handy. I wouldn't want to be without it. One question I have though, and if someone can help me with an answer. I was in the process of building a winch holder with battery included with a separate battery tray., and maybe a small toolbox. Then my backhoe came in and the dealer repossessed the machine. Before it left and got the backhoe installed, I forgot to get some measurements. I want to leave the backhoe on for the time being so on to my question.

In order for the i-match hooks to engage the winch holder, I need to know how high the hooks are above the ground or cement, on the I-match when the 3PH is at it's lowest setting. This is so It will go under the bushings and engage them when I want to mount the winch holder. Is this clear what I'm asking. I really don't want to dismount the back hoe to measure since I want to use it when the weather breaks. Yeah I'm lazy.

Reactions: hamlit

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
For both measurement and the op. Get a heavy hitch. Great for mounting winch and for the op you can store the I match on the heavy hitch on its rolling dolly which makes handling much easier.

Land plane is pretty easy to wrestle, try hooking up a brush hog a few time without one and you will really appreciate one.

Reactions: PJR832

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
I have an Imatch and a backhoe.
The three point arms have to come off to install the backhoe on my machine so I just leave the Imatch on the arms when I change things.
It's the same amount of work to change over as if there was no Imatch.

·
Super Moderator
5,291 Posts
In order for the i-match hooks to engage the winch holder, I need to know how high the hooks are above the ground or cement, on the I-match when the 3PH is at it's lowest setting. This is so It will go under the bushings and engage them when I want to mount the winch holder. Is this clear what I'm asking. I really don't want to dismount the back hoe to measure since I want to use it when the weather breaks. Yeah I'm lazy.
I think that height is going to be unique to your particular machine. The height from the ground depends on the specific tractor model and how you've got your lift arms and toplink adjusted.

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
Hello all, I just wanted to chime in. I bought my I-match from the dealer when I bought the tractor and it has been really handy. I wouldn't want to be without it. One question I have though, and if someone can help me with an answer. I was in the process of building a winch holder with battery included with a separate battery tray., and maybe a small toolbox. Then my backhoe came in and the dealer repossessed the machine. Before it left and got the backhoe installed, I forgot to get some measurements. I want to leave the backhoe on for the time being so on to my question.

The height of the 3pt arms is dependent on how they are adjusted. Each of the lift links are adjustable. The left one requires you to disconnect it at the top and turn it, resulting in it changing either up or down. The right side has a handle that you can use to make the right side match what you have done with the left side. I have to keep mine low to the ground to make it hook up to my RFM.

Dave

Reactions: jdforever and rtgt

·
Registered
75 Posts
The height of the 3pt arms is dependent on how they are adjusted. Each of the lift links are adjustable. The left one requires you to disconnect it at the top and turn it, resulting in it changing either up or down. The right side has a handle that you can use to make the right side match what you have done with the left side. I have to keep mine low to the ground to make it hook up to my RFM.

Dave
Thanks Dave I had forgot that the arms are adjustable to raise and lower the height of the 3PH. I want to mount the winch holder as low as I can to allow the I-match to pick it up easily. I'm in no big hurry so I can wait. I also plan to put wheels on it so I can move it around.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts