Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Deere 3520 & X500, Ferris IS2100Z
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The situation is I have 3 SSQA loader attachments; grapple, tree puller, and a 48" tooth bucket from my previous tractor. My tractor now is a 3520 with 300CX loader utilizing JDQA with JD pallet forks and a 72" Frontier 4 in 1 bucket. My understanding is there is an adapter which enables SSQA attachments to fit on a JDQA loader, but it's not cheap, adds what 100#, and moves the attachment out a few inches.
I would like to replace the 4 in 1 bucket anyway with a regular 72" bucket (which I could get as SSQA). That leaves only the pallet forks using JDQA which I could sell and put the proceeds toward SSQA pallet forks. Then everything would be SSQA. But can the loader be converted at a reasonable cost, say under $800-$1,000, w/o adding much weight or moving the attachment point out?

·
Registered
982 Posts
Ask your dealer about a SSQA "carrier" for your 300cx loader. If available, that will replace your Deere QA. Otherwise you'll have to use adapters or cobble your own SSQA carrier.

·
Administrator
22,655 Posts

·
Registered
2015 3046R Cab
83 Posts
I have the SSQA carrier that Kenny linked to on my H165 loader. it's nice to be able to rent attachments. If I remember correctly the SSQA carrier was first offerred on the 300 series loader, then carried forward for the H165 and 320r loaders.

I haven't noticed what has changed in the loader series besides the model numbers.

·
Administrator
22,655 Posts
SSQA carrier was first offerred on the 300 series loader, then carried forward for the H165 and 320r loaders.
They are all the same loaders, just have different numbers on them.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This company shows one at 86 lbs. They don't list price or availability. I guess you have to call for more info.

BW15244 is the JD bundle number for the SSQA carrier:

Thank you Machinist and Kenny! Looks like around $1,000 for the adapter or $750 to change it over, assuming it fits on my 300CX loader which I'll have to confirm. (It only mentions allows for the use of skid steer attachments on the 320R, H165, 440R, and H180 Loaders) I'm leaning toward just changing it.

·
Administrator
22,655 Posts
It fits…the first link I posted was to the 300 CX parts breakdown.

Reactions: mark02tj

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OK thank you Kenny.

On another topic, any suggestions where to buy a 6' SSQA bucket? Should I search local tractor dealers or do other places like Rural King, TSC, etc. have them? Seems like a bulky, heavy item to order over the internet but maybe that's an option. I'm thinking just a basic one such as would typically come on a CUT like mine. It'll be mostly for moving dirt, gravel, rocks, snow, etc.

·
Administrator
22,655 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It's interesting you mention EA's bucket because it popped up when I searched this morning. I didn't realize they made buckets but I have a few of their implements and they are well made so I'll probably go ahead and order one, even though it probably won't ship until the first of the year.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Milo thanks for posting the link, that appears to be a good alternative to Deere's adapter. I just hate to move the load out a few inches plus add 135# to the loader which further subtracts from what it can lift. This is probably what I'd buy if I decided to keep my JDQA 4 in 1 bucket and pallet forks, but I'm leaning to just changing everything to SSQA.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I'd go with the ea bucket too. Light and going to be way stronger than you need. The price isn't too bad either. I ordered my tooth bar a bit too early and kicked myself in the ass as I could have got it and a bucket for not too much more.

Reactions: Kennyd

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I was concerned the EA tooth bar bucket might hinder me in some situations like back dragging the bucket to smooth material, so I called EA and was told the tooth bar edge is removable to make it a standard bucket.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I was concerned the EA tooth bar bucket might hinder me in some situations like back dragging the bucket to smooth material, so I called EA and was told the tooth bar edge is removable to make it a standard bucket.

Won't hinder you a bit, backdrag all the time with mine. I like it because I can tip it forward and soften it up, then come back and smooth it back down ( I use it in gravel)

·
Registered
5,423 Posts
Reactions: trav

·
Administrator
22,655 Posts
Did you read the reviews for this bucket? One of them mentions that the bucket is predrilled for Ken's Bolt On Hooks which saved him having to drill and apply touch up paint! LOL!
Yes! EA contacted me when they were first designing these buckets and asked if I minded if they did this, of course I said yes! They are pre-drilled for our hooks and receiver hitches.

Reactions: trav and mark02tj

·
Registered
299 Posts
I should have been more clear, I do not have the bucket, but rather a traditional bolt on cutting edge they made in lieu of the bolt on one they offer. They just omitted the keepers and sent a wicked bar and a beveled cutting edge on the other. I had to plasma bolt holes in it to bolt it on. My goal was a double edged cutting edge I could use. Looking back I could have bought the ea bucket for probably close to the same price and got the same thing. Either way, I'm sure you will have no gripes about it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.