Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 185 Posts

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"Long time to load" is a short time in the grand scheme of time. But what I've noticed is that the GTT web site takes noticeably longer to load on my computers and cell phone than any other sites I visit daily. That includes ebay.com, Amazon.com, my local newspaper, youtube.com, another tractor web site, weather.com, and various horse web sites.

Also, GTT attempts to put about 16 advertising trackers on my computer each time it loads, versus fewer trackers with any other web sites I visit regularly. Maybe this advertising is what slows the GTT load down.

I'm just wondering if any others have noticed a lag in GTT loading, compared to other sites?:boredom::

·
Registered
136 Posts
Not so slow loading from home/wifi/landline. Often slow on my mobile. In fact I bail out waiting regularly.

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
For me,, GTT is about the same as other sites,,,
very little if any difference.

My ABP is currently showing "6"
OOPs,, it just went down to 4,,,, :dunno:

·
Registered
226 Posts
GTT loads very quick, weather.com is just about unusable for me.

Not sure why...

Matt

·
Registered
311 Posts
GTT is much slower loading than any other site I visit also.

·
Super Moderator
5,450 Posts
I've been experiencing the snails pace loading for quite awhile now. It drives me absolutely crazy. No other site does what GTT does. It doesn't matter what browser either. I'm not sure if you guys are talking about clicking on a forum loading slow or the site itself. I have no problems with the site loading. It's just the agonizing wait for a forum to load. Sometimes it's not bad, a couple seconds. But most of the time, I'll click on a forum and it usually takes a good 10 to 15 seconds to load. Sometimes even longer. As much as 20 to 25 seconds. Absolutely ridiculous!:banghead::banghead: It is very frustrating to the point where I don't even want to get on the site, and that is not good.

As I mentioned it doesn't matter which browser, IE 11, MS Edge, Chrome, FF, they all do the same thing. I've even disabled my AV thinking it had something to do with it. Nope. Same crap. Not sure what it might be, but there is something with the GTT website, that my system does not like.:nunu:

·
Registered
21,140 Posts
The times that I had slow loading pages it was the ad servers doing it each time. If you are using Chrome on Windows look at the bottom left of your screen while waiting. It will say "waiting for ad-xxxxx" or whatever it is waiting to load.

The last time I had this issue and reported it with a screen shot it was found that it was in fact an issue with ads loading (problems in ad server land). This was while using ABP (Ad Block Plus) but I confirmed that it wasn't causing the issue.

·
Super Moderator
5,450 Posts
The times that I had slow loading pages it was the ad servers doing it each time. If you are using Chrome on Windows look at the bottom left of your screen while waiting. It will say "waiting for ad-xxxxx" or whatever it is waiting to load.

The last time I had this issue and reported it with a screen shot it was found that it was in fact an issue with ads loading (problems in ad server land). This was while using ABP (Ad Block Plus) but I confirmed that it wasn't causing the issue.

Not waiting on any ads.
Just "waiting for greentractortalk"

·
Registered
763 Posts
Not waiting on any ads.
Just "waiting for greentractortalk"
I too find the site itself slow to load, and I am on Google Fiber 1 G internet using a Mac. The slow loading for this site happens with both Safari and Firefox, and is also slow on the iPads.

·
Registered
58 Posts
GTT extremely slow

I too am experiencing extremely slow loading on GTT. On Windows and Mac, Edge or Windows Explorer, Chrome, and Safari. Seems to have gotten worse over the last couple days.

·
Registered
11,224 Posts
I expect it to be slow at home using Frontier, but it is also slow at work (oops) with a real Internet provider.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Last night was really bad with pages taking over a minute to load. Sending the above post took two minutes. Getting better performance with Tapatalk on iPhone. What's the deal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
571 Posts
GTT is much slower loading than any other site I visit also.
Same here . . . and has been for quite some time. :unknown:

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Loaded really fast just now, but it tried to install 27 trackers (blocked by Ghostery in Firefox). That's way more trackers than usual for GTT. I usually see around 16 trackers associated with GTT. To compare, I just loaded MyTractorForum.com. It tried 23 trackers.

OrangeTractorTalks.com tried just 4 trackers.

Does that mean green tractor people spend more money on line, or that orange tractor owners are less gullible to internet ads?:gizmo:

·
Super Moderator
5,450 Posts
Same here . . . and has been for quite some time. :unknown:
Same with me. It has been unbearable for a very long time.
Hopefully we get someone from VS to chime in on this.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Help, the site performance is really bad

The performance is really bad, taking forever to log in, then it takes minutes for each screen to load. Someone, please, provide some guidance.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Is it just me, or does GTT take a long time to load?

When, pray tell, might we get an answer to this very legitimate question?

:banghead:

1 - 20 of 185 Posts