Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So - just bought a 2025 beginning of the year...got around 10% off of the "sticker" price from memory.

Now, year has been better than I anticipated financially - and looking like I will need to spend some profits on equipment "upgrades" for the operation.

Checking out local Deere dealer thinking possibly a 3 series - or perhaps a new Gator. Now know sticker going in - asked what my price would be. Basicslly told me little to no room to discount presently. On top of that Deere finance seems to be less generous too - now 4.9% - 84 months on a Gator (was 60 months - 0% on my last purchase 2 years ago - when rates were higher).

Are sales on 3 series just that good? Or are cutbacks having the desired effect on inventory levels?

Another thought was going to be "new truck time" - but I fear the GM strike is going to cause a similar issue. Less inventory - less discounting. And if your Ford - why discount too far to cater to the converts...let them come to you (price point alone - Ford seemingly has an edge on GM for similar specd base model 3/4 ton trucks).

·
Super Moderator
5,195 Posts
Deere changes up promotions twice a year so financing deals change. It all depends on what they want to push at any given time.

Deere has been changing up their marketing on a lot of this stuff. It used to be that when you looked at the "Build Your Own" prices on their web site the pricing included freight, setup, etc... A few months back someone noticed that base prices on tractors had dropped. Other people started poking around and found that now there is a disclaimer that freight, setup, etc.. fees would be added by the dealer.

My local dealer hasn't been willing to deal on the 3-series because he sells them faster than he can get them.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I get the lack of discounting on 3 series in a way...but really, not THAT much different than the 2025 I bought not that long ago (which by the way - also just inquired on a 2nd and was told same - no discounts currently).

What suprised me more was lack of incentives on the Gator lineup. 4.9% is about what my credit union would do on anything. No real savings to the end user off sticker.

When I bought my 590, I think i got 1500 off AND upgraded wheels and PS. I went in looking at a 550 and wound up getting a 590 as the price was basically the same for taking a model year older that was in stock. Seems like there was ALWAYS 0% for 60 on the gator lineup until recently. Tariffs or something has cut into Deeres desire to push these - dont see demand spiking with a ton of clean used out there.

Seasonal demand and competition is part of it - yes. Spring is always prime selling season - but bug dealers need to keep the lights on 365 days a year - and theres always a sale on something. Was kinda suprising the dealership was not really pushing any of their own promotions - just Deere promos. Guess they realize sales are down so margings gotta exand - or just see from my history Im a soft mark. Either way - might have to go to MF for my next purchase. Just can never find an orange dealer aside from Messicks that I find price competitive to similarly specd Deere.

Got time for now - hopefully things change closer to year end. Just find it funny how all the analyst talk of falling ag equipment sales numbers - sure dont act it around here. Same old non helpful bunch - and even the guys I like cant do much in way of deals.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
l?
GM strike won't last forever.
No, but the effects might take all of 2020 to shake off.

Even if it runs its course in 6 weeks - the backlog of dealer orders to be filled and lack of 2019 leftovers will probably keep prices high in 2020.

No 2019s to blow out - lack of selection creates urgency in buyers minds and reduces the flexibility of dealers (why worry about buyers when you only have 1 or 2 in stock - buyers will find they need to buy from you and you gotta have something to showroom).

A new truck is probably my biggest "need" - but just cant force myself to pay what they bring these days..Just easier to justify new toys at half the price and live with my "old" 6 year old truck.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
N

A new truck is probably my biggest "need" - but just cant force myself to pay what they bring these days..Just easier to justify new toys at half the price and live with my "old" 6 year old truck.

I've bought my last new truck...07 Dodge Cab&chassi 3500...240 k on the clock. It better make the 500k mile club.

Coulda bought a 95 dodge 3500 with 170k on clock last weekend @ auction for 4k..:banghead:..Shoulda. It was a stick to boot.

My daily go get the mail is a 78 ford SuperCab..I have 3 more Identical to back it up.

New trucks /new tractors....as much as I want...I'll go older & tough it out.

I'm not getting sucked in to anymore of the "new" as in you can't work on it and if problems arrise..Your in a bad situation.

I'll likely be driving my 55 m38a1 20 years from now just cause I can.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts