Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have real concerns about the exposed fan under my tractor and the huge repair bill if that fan gets damaged. Is there any big drawbacks to leaving my deck on during the winter while plowing to protect that fan? I have an all concrete driveway, if that helps.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I would think that your front Axle is the lowest point going forward, and rear hitch is lowest going backwards. They should act as a bumper to level any snow or ice. I don't like the thought of freeze and thaw on my deck and spindles.

·
Premium Member
14,710 Posts
I would think that your front Axle is the lowest point going forward, and rear hitch is lowest going backwards. They should act as a bumper to level any snow or ice. I don't like the thought of freeze and thaw on my deck and spindles.
Backing up over frozen snow ,now almost ice, will destroy the bracket that holds the fan. Don't ask how I know!
You can get a fan protector on ebay for about 100.00
Or make your own.
Much cheaper than a mmm deck.

·
Registered
667 Posts
I would remove the deck, and get the fan shield for the fan I got one for my 2305 have had no problems.

Doug

·
Administrator
17,944 Posts
I would remove the deck, and get the fan shield for the fan I got one for my 2305 have had no problems.

Doug
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
What he said. Remove the MMM and get/make a shield.

·
Administrator
20,668 Posts
Your mower would collect all the snow and ice making one heck of a mess at best when it thaws. This will wreck havoc on your mower.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
2x on comments for shield available on Ebay, I got the fan and hydro filter guards, both made by the same guy....work great so far!

·
Premium Member
1,194 Posts
I need to get a guard for my 2305 as well.

I would not run the deck. The top part of deck doesn't like moisture. I wash my tractor a lot and that's not good for the decks let alone melting snow on it all the time.

Not to mention if you have ever tried to use a loader with the mower deck on you will know the decks is ALWAYS the part that will get you stuck.

·
Premium Member
9,077 Posts
Ditto on removing the deck.

If you have an all concrete drive you probably don't have to worry about damaging the fan either. Just pay attention to what you might be going over.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
What is a fan guard? My 1025R
I haven't seen one and can I get one.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
You don't have a hydro fan at the rear axle. You have a hydraulic cooler in front of the radiator.

No need for a guard on the 1025r / 1026r.
Thank you for the answer.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts