Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it's springtime in Michigan, according to the calendar anyways. Can I take off my snow blower yet, or am I going to jinx it for everyone else?:laugh:

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
I took off my snow blower in 1981,, and have not needed it since,,
Luckily, I gave it to a neighbor in my New England neighborhood,, before I moved,,
I could not even sell it here in Virginia,,,:flag_of_truce:

:mocking:

·
Registered
322 Posts
I took mine off about 10 days ago. Needed the loader to lift the rear blade out of a snowbank so I could try to push the snowplow berms off the road. But the blower is ready to go back on. We have more snow in the forecast. The stuff out at the end of the 10 day forecast keeps changing from a lot to a little, then back. Who knows. :dunno:

Many moons ago, I had a summer job with the county weed control. We got snowed out in late July. About 18" worth and way more in the mountains. A lot of tourists were not amused. I was getting my snowmobile out of storage, then decided, "This is nuts." The blood had thinned out and it seemed way cold.

10_day.png

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
This is why I run a rear snowblower. :)

After using it for a season, I never want to run a front blower on my primary tractor ever again. Precisely because of this! :)

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Okay...THAT I might do as soon as I pick up my X758. :)

·
Registered
7,931 Posts
Well it's springtime in Michigan, according to the calendar anyways. Can I take off my snow blower yet, or am I going to jinx it for everyone else?:laugh:
When you do Jinx us, we will know where to come looking for you.......I pulled all of the driveway markers for my driveways and plastic shrink wrap them for summer storage with the rolls of shipping plastic wrap about 8" tall on the handle. Keeps them all nice and tight together plus you never want to touch the fiberglass poles with your bare hands as the flexing of the poles in the severe cold fractures the fiberglass and there are miserable tiny splinters everywhere you can't get out of your hands. I always wear big old heavy "truckers gloves" for handling the drive way markers.

We have had April snowfalls which were pretty serious. When I was about 13, we had a snow storm during Spring Break when I was at my Grandparents farm in Hillsdale County, MI and we hd to use the FEL on the Ford 5000 to get the driveway opened. The drifts were 4 foot. We couldn't get out for 3 days and we had to clear the driveway so the milk truck could get in to get the milk bulk tank pumped down. Cows need milking no matter what, twice a day.

It was so cold, some of the Holstein cows turned all white when their black spots fell off.......:knownothing:

Yea, that's the ticket......:laugh::lol:

·
Registered
500 Posts
When you do Jinx us, we will know where to come looking for you.......I pulled all of the driveway markers for my driveways and plastic shrink wrap them for summer storage with the rolls of shipping plastic wrap about 8" tall on the handle. Keeps them all nice and tight together plus you never want to touch the fiberglass poles with your bare hands as the flexing of the poles in the severe cold fractures the fiberglass and there are miserable tiny splinters everywhere you can't get out of your hands. I always wear big old heavy "truckers gloves" for handling the drive way markers.
Hi, just wanted to say that if you have a fiberglass ladder don't leave it out in the sun. The UV will break down the coating on the fiberglass and start to degenerate the fiberglass resulting in those nasty little fibers getting under your skin. Never mind leading to the early failure of your ladder.
By the way, nice fleet, RYDPLRS!

·
Premium Member
612 Posts
I unpinned the plow from my fork frame so I could use the forks over the weekend. So I think we're probably going to get a blizzard this week.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts