Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 1025r is a little past due for it's 50-hour service. (Tried to get it in at 50, but one thing led to another and now it's up to about 60 hours.) I talked to the service manager at the JD dealer and they said 'no problem', but I was just wondering if there's a possibility I might run into a warranty argument somewhere down the road. It's been a gently-used 60 hours, so I'm not worried about that. I'm really going to try to get it in next week, but it's hard to find a few days where I don't need the little guy!

·
Premium Member
10,968 Posts
My 1025r is a little past due for it's 50-hour service. (Tried to get it in at 50, but one thing led to another and now it's up to about 60 hours.) I talked to the service manager at the JD dealer and they said 'no problem', but I was just wondering if there's a possibility I might run into a warranty argument somewhere down the road. It's been a gently-used 60 hours, so I'm not worried about that. I'm really going to try to get it in next week, but it's hard to find a few days where I don't need the little guy!
Does your operators manual even still list a 50 hour service?

·
Registered
12,545 Posts
First off, you’re fine, 10 over is not a real game changer.
Second, IMO JD has set forth very low service intervals. Every time I’ve done a hydraulic service the oil coming out looks no worse than the oil going in.

·
Registered
647 Posts
The manual for my 1025r has a copyright date of 2017. Under every 50 hours it only says to:
Check wheel bolt torque.
Check tire pressure.
Check front axle oil level.
Clean battery.
Lubricate control valve and all grease points.

Didn't keep me from doing the transmission service myself, even though that is under every 200 hrs.

Under every 200 is says:
Change engine oil and filter.
Change transmission oil and filters. Clean suction screen.
Clean radiator and oil cooler fins.
Check and service air filter elements.

I can't imagine wanting to let the suction screen crud sit in there for 200 hours.

Mine, 50 hour service:
oil screen.JPG

·
Premium Member
10,968 Posts
The manual for my 1025r has a copyright date of 2017. Under every 50 hours it only says to:
Check wheel bolt torque.
Check tire pressure.
Check front axle oil level.
Clean battery.
Lubricate control valve and all grease points.

Didn't keep me from doing the transmission service myself, even though that is under every 200 hrs.
I totally agree. I have no idea why JD removed the 50 hr service anyway (i.e. the initial fluid changes). I only mentioned it because I was surprised that when the OP questioned the dealer about it that the dealer didn't mention that the 50 hr. service interval requirements had changed.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
I totally agree. I have no idea why JD removed the 50 hr service anyway (i.e. the initial fluid changes). I only mentioned it because I was surprised that when the OP questioned the dealer about it that the dealer didn't mention that the 50 hr. service interval requirements had changed.
Doesn’t the manual state XX (50, 200, etc.) hours “OR YEARLY” for these types of services?:dunno:

·
Registered
647 Posts
Doesn’t the manual state XX (50, 200, etc.) hours “OR YEARLY” for these types of services?:dunno:
Under annually:

Check radiator coolant freeze point and clarity.
Clean radiator and oil cooler fins.
Replace fuel filters.
Check and service air filter elements.

That's all it says in mine.

Every 400 hours:
Replace fuel filters.

Every 600:
Check radiator coolant freeze point and clarity.
Change front axle oil.

Every 1000:
Check engine valve clearance. See you John Deere dealer.

Every 2000 or annually*:
Drain, flush and refill engine cooling system when coolant is NOT
checked annually or NOT serviced with the pre-diluted John Deere Cool-Gard II.

Every 6000/Six years:
Drain, flush and refill engine cooling system when coolant is checked annually and
serviced with the pre-diluted John Deere Cool-Gard II.

·
Premium Member
10,968 Posts
Yes, for some things. The "controversy" started when JD mysteriously removed the initial 50 hr "change transmission oil and filter and clean suction screen" from the latest manual. If you go back one serial number range (and ALL previous manuals) you will find this in the manual:

[h=3]After First 50 Hours[/h]
  • Change transmission oil and filter.
  • Clean transmission suction screen.
But it is gone in the latest manual. Same tractor, same transmission, but fluid change mysteriously gone. This is very odd since most folks who go ahead and change the oil at 50 hrs. find their suction screen plenty dirty.

You decide. :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Now I'm conflicted. I could have sworn that my manual said I needed a transmission oil change at 50 hours, but I checked and it does not, as others have said. I purchased a special offer at the time I bought the tractor which covered the first maintenance visit (including pickup/delivery) and I think maybe the sales guy told me it was good for the 50 hour service - so maybe that's where I got the idea. Maybe it's good only for a 50 hour service (which wouldn't be much if they go by the book)!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts