Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First time trying to remove my deck after having purchased it installed from the dealer... Feels like I’m missing something here but it took a friend standing on the deck and me moving forward slightly (after I’ve dropped to the ground) to get the bar far enough so that the retention latch would disengage. I also had to disengage it from either side. Seems to me there needs to be a bar here... Does this look right?

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
You have to flip the latch on both sides yes. Sometimes I give the deck a little tug to get some slack in it to be able to flip the latch.

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Sounds like the front draft link might be adjusted a little too tight and is pulling forward on the deck.

I can tell you from your first photo that there should be a spring pin that fits in those two small holes in the lift arm. It's used to prevent the latch from flipping when the mower is installed, and second hole is storage for the pin when you want to flip the latch. It's pretty common for dealers to forget them.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Might also try it on concretes with the tractor in neutral. Mine seems to nudge the tractor back when it hits the concrete creating a gap between the flipper and bars on the deck.

·
Registered
213 Posts
The bar latch system were for the prior auto connect system. You have the 2020+ mower deck configuration. Other than the pins missing it looks fine to me.

Reactions: trav and kylew

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks all. I did try it on a nice level concrete surface first but wasnt working... Spent like 15 minutes thinking i was an idiot... then went to go “park” for the day and ran into neighbors and we got it working but messing around but far from what I would call easy. Will look at adjusting the front draft link a bit.

·
Registered
390 Posts
I had the same problem with mine. It doesn't take much adjusting (sometimes just a 1/16 of a turn) to get the draft bar where it needs to be for smooth engagement.

Reactions: kylew

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks all. I did try it on a nice level concrete surface first but wasnt working... Spent like 15 minutes thinking i was an idiot... then went to go “park” for the day and ran into neighbors and we got it working but messing around but far from what I would call easy. Will look at adjusting the front draft link a bit.
So far This spring my store has sold 10+ 1025R or 2025R with the 60D auto connect deck.
my recommendation is to lower your deck to the ground. Drive the tractor forward slightly and hold it with the brake. Set park brake. When you get off to flip the locks (one on each side) remove the clip pin (not really necessary, in my opinion)
There should be just a 1/16” or so of clearance to flip latch.
if there isn’t check the front hanger. It needs some clearance. The first dozen times you disconnect and reconnect you may need to be on a textured surface. I use a rubber mat in the shop.
My personal mower is adjusted to the point that I can roll the tractor by hand and it click in the auto connect.

If you are having issues reconnecting check that the auto connect PTO of tractor is aligned.
it is possible to have a bad lift bracket that has the mounting tabs welded wrong.
mid you dissemble the lift bracket from the PTO holder you should be able to pass a 3/8” drill rod through all 4 holes.
If that’s ok you can loosen the gear box on the mower and let it center itself.
mid you do this you must release the belt tension
Loosen all eight bolts that mounts gear box to mower deck.
now reconnect. While connected retighten all eight bolts.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts