Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So mounted my lights facing backwards for snow blowing.
Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Automotive tire Automotive lighting Automotive tail & brake light

Then I look for the bundle of wires at the bottom of my ROPS for the factory connection, it is not there, neither side. Everything I search for made me believe they would be. I did pull the bundle down on each side, they have only 4 wires, red, gray, green and black, all being used. So did they wire some of the newer 2038R's different?

My ROPS seems different than others here also. It has 2 positions, full up or full down, no way to pin in any other position as I have seen here. The other thing that may be different, is that I have an anti-vibration block inside my ROPS, don't know how a person can mount a bar light on the top of their ROPS and get the wiring past that anti-vibration block, tight fit if any.

So what am I missing with the factory wiring?

Thanks in advanced.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I don't know about the wires but your ROPS looks like mine. For a horizontal position I put the pin though the hole of the lower bracket that is empty in your picture. The upper half of the ROPS lays on top of the pin, there isn't a matching hole so the top is free to pivot up/down.

·
Premium Member
4,787 Posts
The rops that are angled fwd are a newer 1025. You can lay yours horizontal by inserting the pin and then lowering the rops and letting it rest on top of the pin. It's not secured so it can flop up when hitting a bump. I banged my head a couple times so it full up or full down.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't know about the wires but your ROPS looks like mine. For a horizontal position I put the pin though the hole of the lower bracket that is empty in your picture. The upper half of the ROPS lays on top of the pin, there isn't a matching hole so the top is free to pivot up/down.
The rops that are angled fwd are a newer 1025. You can lay yours horizontal by inserting the pin and then lowering the rops and letting it rest on top of the pin. It's not secured so it can flop up when hitting a bump. I banged my head a couple times so it full up or full down.
I thought it would pin solid, but what you explain would work for it to be horizontal. Thanks. :)

Reactions: driveshaft

·
Registered
9 Posts
Didn't find the wiring pins for the auxiliary lights on my 2019 2032r at the base of the ROPS either.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Didn't find the wiring pins for the auxiliary lights on my 2019 2032r at the base of the ROPS either.
So what did you do to wire in your lights?

·
Premium Member
4,787 Posts
The spare bullet connectors were at the base of the left side rops on mine. Ran the wires up and out the hole just below the hole where the rops fold.

·
Registered
2021 2032R-Frontier AV20F Grapple-Frontier 60" snowpush-CMP 60" dethatcher.
89 Posts
They are there, they are taped up at the base of the rops. It took me awhile to figure it out and it's harder to find with the tires on. I felt around until I felt the bullet connectors without a wire on one end then I pushed one of them out of the fabric tape they use to confirm it had the purple wire. I used to have pictures but deleted them after I finished installing the lights. You will not have much wire to play with, if you can pull the tires I recommend that, much easier to do, mine are loaded so I left them on as they would be to heavy to move around without a tire lift.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They are there, they are taped up at the base of the rops. It took me awhile to figure it out and it's harder to find with the tires on. I felt around until I felt the bullet connectors without a wire on one end then I pushed one of them out of the fabric tape they use to confirm it had the purple wire. I used to have pictures but deleted them after I finished installing the lights. You will not have much wire to play with, if you can pull the tires I recommend that, much easier to do, mine are loaded so I left them on as they would be to heavy to move around without a tire lift.
I reached up as far as I could and pulled several inches of harness out, only found the 4 wires in use, nothing taped, but the 4 wires where cable tied the ROPS. I have RimGuard in my tires, so taking off maybe 300-400 lb plus tires and remounting is not a desirable option.

I will look again, thanks.

·
Registered
89 Posts
They are at the bottom of the rops and taped to the frame towards the front of the rops bar, feel around for a bullet connector that has only 1 wire coming out of it and is taped together. Both sides were the same for me. I would go take a picture but can't put weight on my foot after having ankle surgery. Once you find them I used a harness like this to connect it, should be able to find it at a farm store or auto parts store, I cut it in half as you need one per side. I did have to trim some of the connector on the tractor to make it fit snug, too much rubber on the connector.

Automotive lighting Cable Automotive exterior Wire Event

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
They are at the bottom of the rops and taped to the frame towards the front of the rops bar, feel around for a bullet connector that has only 1 wire coming out of it and is taped together. Both sides were the same for me. I would go take a picture but can't put weight on my foot after having ankle surgery. Once you find them I used a harness like this to connect it, should be able to find it at a farm store or auto parts store, I cut it in half as you need one per side. I did have to trim some of the connector on the tractor to make it fit snug, too much rubber on the connector.

View attachment 814989
Yep, bought 2 of these. After thinking it over, all the extra wiring I pulled out all went up into the ROPS to the warning lights, I bet if I cut the cable wraps loose from the ROPS, the other end of the harness will pull down exposing the connection.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Yep, bought 2 of these. After thinking it over, all the extra wiring I pulled out all went up into the ROPS to the warning lights, I bet if I cut the cable wraps loose from the ROPS, the other end of the harness will pull down exposing the connection.
Mine were fabric taped to the frame at the bottom of the rops, I would suggest taking off your 3 point arms so you can maneuver better, they are there, just hard to find when you don't know what they look like.

·
Registered
89 Posts
They could be taped to the other bullet connectors, I did mine a couple months ago so just trying to remember. I remember feeling a bunch of bullet connectors after I pulled the harness out then I had to use my fingers to finger which ones didn't have a wire come out both ends, mine had caps to protect them.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Mine were fabric taped to the frame at the bottom of the rops, I would suggest taking off your 3 point arms so you can maneuver better, they are there, just hard to find when you don't know what they look like.
Yep, but much more forward. So I went out now and cut the cable tie, pulled everything out of the rops and still no unused connections. Looking forward of the rops on the wiring harness, up under the frame I now could see some tape. Cut it loose and found the 2 connectors that pulled out far enough to get the caps off. Can't see if they are a purple and black, so much cloth type tape wrapped on them, I will test with a meter to verify.
Thanks to all for your patience and persistence.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Yep, but much more forward. So I went out now and cut the cable tie, pulled everything out of the rops and still no unused connections. Looking forward of the rops on the wiring harness, up under the frame I now could see some tape. Cut it loose and found the 2 connectors that pulled out far enough to get the caps off. Can't see if they are a purple and black, so much cloth type tape wrapped on them, I will test with a meter to verify.
Thanks to all for your patience and persistence.
You're Welcome, they are a pain to find when not knowing what to look for, would have been much easier with the tire off but like me it wasn't an option for you either.

·
Premium Member
3,661 Posts
I found the bundle of wires pushed up inside the left side ROP. They were all taped in a bundle.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.