Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That thing is just to damn small. Think I measured it at around 14x6x6. Anyone found a good replacement to fit in the same spot and not get in the way of anything?
I have the backhoe so I can't move it around the back. Need to try to keep in in the same spot.
I also need to find a good spot to keep a chain

Just threw up a picture even though you prolly know where the toolbox is. Because everyone loves pictures lol.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,735 Posts
How about chain in the backhoe bucket?? Has far has a larger tool box just shop around, Having the BH will hinder you somewhat. Good Luck :good2:

·
Premium Member
1,129 Posts
I don't know of a larger OEM box , but I know some of the other members here have thought outside the box (pun intended) and put larger ammo boxes or larger box store tool boxes for the same reason . Keep us posted on what you come with !!!! :bigthumb:

·
Registered
230 Posts
That thing is just to damn small. Think I measured it at around 14x6x6. Anyone found a good replacement to fit in the same spot and not get in the way of anything?
I have the backhoe so I can't move it around the back. Need to try to keep in in the same spot.
I also need to find a good spot to keep a chain

Just threw up a picture even though you prolly know where the toolbox is. Because everyone loves pictures lol.
In one of my previous posts I posted the part number for the larger tool box - it comes with its own mount, fits on the rops, is backhoe compatible. Search my posts
enjoy

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How about chain in the backhoe bucket?? Has far has a larger tool box just shop around, Having the BH will hinder you somewhat. Good Luck :good2:
I don't know of a larger OEM box , but I know some of the other members here have thought outside the box (pun intended) and put larger ammo boxes or larger box store tool boxes for the same reason . Keep us posted on what you come with !!!! :bigthumb:
In one of my previous posts I posted the part number for the larger tool box - it comes with its own mount, fits on the rops, is backhoe compatible. Search my posts
enjoy

Drifter- great idea for sure. For now. Thanks. Probably won't be long till I throw the box blade on

Romjr- jdRE275591. I'll also keep it updated on anything else I find. Looks like 16x8x8 or so is an ok size without getting to overly big

Jermedic- thanks. Found it. Took a minute lol. 18" x 8h x 6d. Is that correct? 18" seemed a little long for my 1025. What tractor do you have(looks like you got the 1025 also) Does it seem overly big? Does it get in the way of anything? My stock toolbox opens the opposite way. Does that not hit the rops and keep you from opening it all the way? Hard to tell from that one picture. Got any other pictures?

Attachments

·
Registered
474 Posts
Chain - 50 Cal ammo cans mounted on the FEL masts (Between the engine and the FEL arms). Waterproof and you can put some big chains in there. Maybe one for chain and one for additional tools?

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Chain - 50 Cal ammo cans mounted on the FEL masts (Between the engine and the FEL arms). Waterproof and you can put some big chains in there. Maybe one for chain and one for additional tools?
Yes! Perfect. Was looking at that plate the other day and it didn't even dawn on me. I'll have to weld up a bracket to hold something there. That should be perfect for chains and other things. And then the toolbox won't need to be so big on the back now, but will still try and go bigger lol
That is what you are taking about right? Is that plate for anything special or mainly just to protect the tractor front?

Attachments

·
Registered
474 Posts
Yes! Perfect. Was looking at that plate the other day and it didn't even dawn on me. I'll have to weld up a bracket to hold something there. That should be perfect for chains and other things. And then the toolbox won't need to be so big on the back now, but will still try and go bigger lol
That is what you are taking about right? Is that plate for anything special or mainly just to protect the tractor front?
The front is a good spot if you can engineer it to not interfere with FEL installation/removal. The spot I was thinking is on the left side of the tractor between the engine and the upright of the mast.

Drill two holes in the bottom of the box and get a 1" or 3/4" flat stock with the same holes in it and two pieces of all-thread or long enough carriage bolts to sandwich it to the mast arm. If you look there is already something mounted there in the same manner. If you were to lengthen the two pieces of all-thread you can use the existing mounts perhaps.

5-23-2017 01-23-49 PM.png

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The front is a good spot if you can engineer it to not interfere with FEL installation/removal. The spot I was thinking is on the left side of the tractor between the engine and the upright of the mast.

Drill two holes in the bottom of the box and get a 1" or 3/4" flat stock with the same holes in it and two pieces of all-thread or long enough carriage bolts to sandwich it to the mast arm. If you look there is already something mounted there in the same manner. If you were to lengthen the two pieces of all-thread you can use the existing mounts perhaps.

View attachment 373561
Gotcha. I haven't took of the FEL yet so I'll have to study that soon. Only time it came off was when the dealer was showing m how it works. I feel like I remember it going straight to the ground but maybe not. I'll have to check it out and see if I can make a bracket to keep a chain box up and out of the way. And also make the box quick attach if need be.
I don't see myself taking off the FEL much at all. Maybe the bucket.

I'll check that spot you are talking about when I get home. Hard to see in the pictures.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Chain

You can use a 2" PVC pipe with caps on both ends not clued, with the middle of the pipe cut out to make it a u shape. This will make a cradle take off one end lay your chain in the cradle slide it in the hole in the front end loader and put the other cap on

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

View attachment 373561
Think I found the spot!
Seems I have plenty of room to make a tool box work on that front bracket also.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You can use a 2" PVC pipe with caps on both ends not clued, with the middle of the pipe cut out to make it a u shape. This will make a cradle take off one end lay your chain in the cradle slide it in the hole in the front end loader and put the other cap on
Not sure I follow

·
Registered
474 Posts
Not sure I follow
I believe what he means is: Cap a piece of pvc pipe on both ends. Cut a slice out of the top as an access hole/slot. Mount that as a toolbox. The larger the diameter the more tools you could fit.

The only issue i see with this is that the top is open to the elements. A large 6" pipe glued on the bottom with a clean-out lid on top mounted vertically would give sealed space with removable lid...or mount an ammo can since they are well sealed and you can drill through the bottom to mount it.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts