Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will probably pick up a BB5048L at the dealer where I purchased my 1025R. I was just wondering if the 50 series is different than the 20 series or just an update? I know a box blade is just a box blade but it looks like the 5048L has four shanks versus 3 on the 2048L.

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think only the 50 and 20 series comes in 48" though

·
Registered
416 Posts
The lift pins on the 50 are quite a bit higher than the 20 when I looked at them last year. So with a cat 1 limited hitch you won't be able to lift the 50 as high as the 20. I don't think the number of shanks really matters all that much since the little tractors aren't going to be able use more than a few before they run out of traction on hard soils.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I do know that the 5048L is specifically for the limited cat 1 on the 1 series. I will just pick it up and maybe write a review. Just cannot find any used box blades near me at all.

Reactions: BigJim55

·
Registered
170 Posts
The 5048 is a little heavier and I think its made with thicker steel and it has 4 shanks I just picked mine up on tue eh And I think it was cheaper than the 2048...

I do know that the 5048L is specifically for the limited cat 1 on the 1 series. I will just pick it up and maybe write a review. Just cannot find any used box blades near me at all.

·
Registered
537 Posts
I have the BB5060. The 50 is heavier built and for box blades more weight is always better.

Reactions: BigJim55
1 - 7 of 7 Posts