Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2025R_tractor_studio_NEW_08_2017_r4g031939_large_a08643bab97d634129a72c908cec71062253d1b0.jpg

It looks like the new 2025R takes the new 120R loader, the new 260B backhoe and 60D MMM. Does that make it an SCUT just with bigger tire and a true cat 1 3pt or do the bigger tires and true cat 1 3pt move into the MCUT range?

·
Premium Member
12,734 Posts
View attachment 440330

It looks like the new 2025R takes the new 120R loader, the new 260B backhoe and 60D MMM. Does that make it an SCUT just with bigger tire and a true cat 1 3pt or do the bigger tires and true cat 1 3pt move into the MCUT range?
Actually, the JD spec lists the 3PH as Limited Cat1

[h=3]3-point hitch[/h]
CategoryLimited Category 1
Lift capacity, 24-in. behind link arms400 kg
882 lb

Reactions: PJR832

·
Premium Member
13,648 Posts
My guess, and that's all it is, it would be a SCUT, it's basically built on the 1 series frame and they gave it a limited Cat 1. So it seems it's a 1 series with bigger tires:dunno:

Reactions: pcabe5

·
Premium Member
13,648 Posts
I don't get it - why does it matter?
Just because:lol:

For me personally I've been waiting for the release in the thought that I might upgrade, but that's just stupid of me, my 1023 does what I need it to do :thumbup1gif:

·
Administrator
18,298 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
I saw the loader was the 120R, but didn't see where it was saying the actual backhoe model. So its not the 270?

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
My guess, and that's all it is, it would be a SCUT, it's basically built on the 1 series frame and they gave it a limited Cat 1. So it seems it's a 1 series with bigger tires:dunno:
That was my biggest complaint with the 1026R. I'm now glad that I upgraded to the 2 series for a variety of other reasons, but that was my main complaint.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Actually, the JD spec lists the 3PH as Limited Cat1

[h=3]3-point hitch[/h]
CategoryLimited Category 1
Lift capacity, 24-in. behind link arms400 kg
882 lb

Well I don't get this at all. The old 2320/2025R has a cat1 hitch and lift
capacity of 1150lbs. Did Deere cheap out on this new 2025R and use the 1025R frame?
Very, very interesting. :dunno:

Reactions: pcabe5 and PJR832

·
Premium Member
13,648 Posts
capacity of 1150lbs. Did Deere cheap out on this new 2025R and use the 1025R frame?
One thing I don't understand, and maybe my dealer is just feeding me a load of BS, the lift capacities are figured on front ballast. So in other words, even a 1 series can actually lift much more than spec as far as hydraulic capability but because of the weight of the machine and limited front ballast they rate them lower. If anyone can clear that up I would certainly like to read it.

Reactions: pcabe5

·
Registered
968 Posts

I would think of it as a platform frame (same as auto industry does) and the initial 1 series was intended to be a structure base (frame) that was a 2 series. These designs are developed years ahead of production offerings.

An option for cooling coils for the cup (beer) holder is still aloof.

·
Premium Member
12,734 Posts
One thing I don't understand, and maybe my dealer is just feeding me a load of BS, the lift capacities are figured on front ballast. So in other words, even a 1 series can actually lift much more than spec as far as hydraulic capability but because of the weight of the machine and limited front ballast they rate them lower. If anyone can clear that up I would certainly like to read it.
I never heard of such a thing. Lift is usually based on the capabilities of the hydraulics. If you don't have sufficient ballast then either the front or rear will lift off the ground. The problem is lift capacity with loaders is very complex because it all depends on WHERE the measurement is taken. Lift capacity with the 3PH is simpler because most everyone rates it 24" behind the arms. JD also seems to be a wee bit conservative with some of the ratings.

It's also something that's a bit difficult to test. It's not like you can pull your tractor up to a test fixture and confirm the lift capabilities of the loader arms and 3PH.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I would think of it as a platform frame (same as auto industry does) and the initial 1 series was intended to be a structure base (frame) that was a 2 series. These designs are developed years ahead of production offerings.

An option for cooling coils for the cup (beer) holder is still aloof.
I can't drink beer and drive my X500 - the beer goes flat from the jostling around while mowing. I think a Yeti can coozie is a good short-term answer, but that still won't keep my beer from going flat.
:dunno:

·
Registered
23,053 Posts
I can't drink beer and drive my X500 - the beer goes flat from the jostling around while mowing. I think a Yeti can coozie is a good short-term answer, but that still won't keep my beer from going flat.
Beer doesn't belong near any machinery anyway.

·
Registered
418 Posts
From the pic, it looks like the backhoe seat is flipped up when the tractor seat is down. I think the 270 has both seats down all the time but I could be wrong.
I think you're right about the 270 - good observation.

·
Registered
536 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
592 Posts
That's a good sign of not drinking fast enough! :bigbeer:

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Drink faster or mow faster. :bigbeer:

Reactions: PJR832
1 - 20 of 42 Posts