Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
I saw the loader was the 120R, but didn't see where it was saying the actual backhoe model. So its not the 270?

·
Registered
449 Posts
I would think of it as a platform frame (same as auto industry does) and the initial 1 series was intended to be a structure base (frame) that was a 2 series. These designs are developed years ahead of production offerings.

An option for cooling coils for the cup (beer) holder is still aloof.
I can't drink beer and drive my X500 - the beer goes flat from the jostling around while mowing. I think a Yeti can coozie is a good short-term answer, but that still won't keep my beer from going flat.
:dunno:

·
Registered
449 Posts
From the pic, it looks like the backhoe seat is flipped up when the tractor seat is down. I think the 270 has both seats down all the time but I could be wrong.
I think you're right about the 270 - good observation.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I saw the new 2025R today. Video coming out very soon (uploading now...will take awhile from the hotel).

I will also post a link to our website showing all the differences and similarities I could see (and the Deere PMs could point out) between the 1025R/2025R/203xR

Sorry for the delay. It has been a LONG day, and we go back again tomorrow.

I will say that it is much more like the 1025R than the 2032R. The frame is longer than the 1025R, but shorter than the 2038R. Seating position much higher than the 1025R.
Overall, I think it is a nice 'tweener'. More details when I get the video (and web page) uploaded.

Any specific things you want me to look for tomorrow when I re-visit?

Tim
I would be very interested in any list of differences and upgrades the new 2025R offers over the 1025R. How are they marketing this? What capabilities will it have over the 1025R?

Reactions: PJR832

·
Registered
449 Posts
Thanks Tim - I started following things over on the other thread in the MidSize Compact section. Your video was great and also, I appreciated the breakdown of differences on your website - very nice!!! Thanks!!!

·
Registered
449 Posts
I'll be curious to see the price difference.

I will say that in all my reading on the forum, there have been quite a few references to people not liking the small size tires. I can certainly see an advantage of having ground clearance, too. Everyone's tasks are different. For me, there are quite a few areas with rougher terrain in and around my wooded sections that I'd love to clear away briars and brush. That ground clearance would be nice.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I don't like the small tires from an aesthetic point of view. But, I do like them from a functional point of view. Small rear tires mean a short wheelbase and small front tires, both of which translate into maneuverability. I know others see it differently, but the way I look at it, I own a 1 series because I can't afford to own two machines, one to mow and one for everything else. If I could, I'd have an X758 or X739 and a 2032r (or bigger). This new one...I don't think I could have it as my only machine. The turning radius is bigger by over a foot, which may not sound like much, but is actually pretty huge. Not in an open parking lot where you can hardly tell the difference, but along narrow trails and tight spaces where the 1 series can barely squeeze in as it is. I always want a smaller tractor when I mow.

So if I can't have this as my only machine, then the only reason to get it over the bigger tractors is price, which is as valid a reason as any I suppose, but doesn't really excite me. The 2032r excites me, but I can't afford it and something else to mow with.

Again, maybe it will be different once I actually see it. And, of course, to each his own. If I had open land without tight trails and lost of obstacles, I'd probably choose this 2025r over a 1025r.
The maneuverability is a great point. I'm sort of in the same spot. I don't want two machines. I could justify (almost) buying a ZTR and then buy an older SCUT for the chores. In that situation, I wouldn't mind the slightly larger SCUT like the new 2025R. But the every-5-days-mowing? I think I would tire of the larger tractor. I really do want snowblower duties on the SCUT as well. Making the jump to the new 2032R is a whole new world of attachments and cost. Wish I could justify it, though!!!

My 3 acres are only about 0.9 mowing...and its around some trees, upper level near the house is sort of tight and a retaining wall to mow up to...I keep thinking the 1025R would be the biggest machine I'd want to be horsing around with in that section. I'll be holding off until Spring (that was my original plan since I blew the money wad on the pole barn this year)...so I'll give them a good side-by-side comparison at that point.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I would expect the 2025R to ride a lot better than the 1025R due to the larger tires, and the 15% longer wheelbase.
That's true...I was thinking more of the maneuvering I would be doing around certain areas that I mow...the larger tractor could start to feel cumbersome. I have a solid 1.5 hours of mowing if I do everything...sometimes I split it into two nights. The ZTR entered my head thinking that I could chop that down to a solid hour...not sure.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Wow - exactly my situaton! Except I have a JD 15 steel cart...but nonetheless...same situation. :D

If I traded my X500 in on the deal, it would basically cancel out the MMM - a wash. For this reason I'm considering a 5-ish year old tractor with reasonable hours on it for FEL, Snowblower and backhoe work.

Thanks for mentioning it...I'm sure now having to deal with dropping the MMM is nice.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.