Green Tractor Talk banner
41 - 42 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,275 Posts
My 3 acres are only about 0.9 mowing...and its around some trees, upper level near the house is sort of tight and a retaining wall to mow up to...I keep thinking the 1025R would be the biggest machine I'd want to be horsing around with in that section.
Bigger tractors can be a PITA when it comes to mowing on smaller properties. I only have 0.6 acres and I use a 2720 for loader work, lifting, snow plowing and snow blowing. I use a X500 for mowing and pulling my little 17P cart around the yard for chores. I love not having to constantly remove/install a MMM.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Wow - exactly my situaton! Except I have a JD 15 steel cart...but nonetheless...same situation. :D

If I traded my X500 in on the deal, it would basically cancel out the MMM - a wash. For this reason I'm considering a 5-ish year old tractor with reasonable hours on it for FEL, Snowblower and backhoe work.

Thanks for mentioning it...I'm sure now having to deal with dropping the MMM is nice.

41 - 42 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.