Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am gonna finally get my sprinker system in here shortly. My question is ...has anyone used a subsoiler attachment to run the lines under ground?My soil is mostly sandy loam except near th house where it is select fill clay ...packed like concrete. Any tips would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
I have seen it done and I think Kenny has some pictures of it. I have never done it yet.

Can you take some pictures. I am thinking of putting in a sprinkler system next year.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Be glad too Brian. Lowes or Home Depot used to have a free brochure near the sprinkler heads/timers/etc...,explaining how to install a system . Its not too difficult to design a system once you know your water pressure and gpm capability. They have a presssure gauge you can buy to hook up to a hose bib to find out pressure...then just time how many seconds to fill a 5 gallon bucket of water....late for the dentist....gotta run.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Will a subsoiler get below the frost line?

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
Not up here. I assume you would be able to get something a foot and a half in the ground with it. I would guess the line would not go to the absolute bottom of the trench.

Up here, sprinkler systems are winterized.

·
Administrator
18,298 Posts
My homemade job was built to plant wire-not pipe, but I am sure it could plow it in especially of softer soils.

I would suggest dry runs first-to both break up the soil and ensure there are no obstacles or surprises.

https://picasaweb.google.com/113966569709555812037/Wire

1 - 7 of 7 Posts