Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have one? Do they replace existing joystick or can you only get the add on switch?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,651 Posts
Your Talking about a 3rd Function on the Current 2025R (Gen 2) No there isn't One. But there is this Hydraulic Products It's a Great system Had the dealer Install it for me. But it's fairly simple to Install yourself Just watch Tim Install it here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFmGu6rbvoI on his 1 series:bigthumb:

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Your Talking about a 3rd Function on the Current 2025R (Gen 2) No there isn't One. But there is this Hydraulic Products It's a Great system Had the dealer Install it for me. But it's fairly simple to Install yourself Just watch Tim Install it here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFmGu6rbvoI on his 1 series:bigthumb:
What was the additional piece he added to the kit? And what is it used for? To run 2 hydraulic cylinders instead of one?

·
Premium Member
1,651 Posts
What was the additional piece he added to the kit? And what is it used for? To run 2 hydraulic cylinders instead of one?

Correct:bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
1,651 Posts

The addition Part added was a Hydraulic Splitter Manifolds it about $185 from Artillian:bigthumb:

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I can’t really tell. When he hits switch does that open and close grapple or does he flip switch and use joystick? Just while pressed the curl/dump feature won’t work?

·
Administrator
17,253 Posts
The system is called a "diverter". It "diverts" fluid from one circuit (usually the dump/curl) to another (like the grapple cylinder) while the switch is held. Yes you can only use one function at a time, but that is not a big deal, watch some of the TTWT videos of him using the Artillian grapple and you'll see. It is a very easy and cost effective way to add another function to a loader.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The system is called a "diverter". It "diverts" fluid from one circuit (usually the dump/curl) to another (like the grapple cylinder) while the switch is held. Yes you can only use one function at a time, but that is not a big deal, watch some of the TTWT videos of him using the Artillian grapple and you'll see. It is a very easy and cost effective way to add another function to a loader.
Ok thanks. I have looked at one on EA’s website that has a red button you hit on top of joystick. But you still use your joystick to close grapple. This one uses switch to open and close. I see. Think this one would be less confusing. And easier to operate.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Ok thanks. I have looked at one on EA’s website that has a red button you hit on top of joystick. But you still use your joystick to close grapple. This one uses switch to open and close. I see. Think this one would be less confusing. And easier to operate.

The Artillian works the same. They all do, unless you are looking at adding a separate hydraulic valve controlled by that button, which would have to be two buttons actually, to control both open and close, and a whole lot of extra plumbing.

What they are saying is that like the other, you press the button, which changes what the joystick does, via the diverter valve. So, press the button, operate the grapple, release button, operate loader.

·
Fit Rite Hydraulics
641 Posts
I have the impression that the 1025r hydraulics just might not be robust enough to support a true 3rd function. Is that right? Don't know if 2025r is any different.
In some peoples opinion, including mine, until you get over 20 GPM, any true 3rd function is just a 3rd function, you simply do not have enough GPM to efficiently operate 3 functions at once. My 75hp tractor has a 17gpm implement pump, I feel like it's slow operating 2 functions at any one time, let alone 3.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So he hits the switch and while holding it moves the joystick to operate grapple. That was my question. Makes sense.So to close grapple he hits switch and pull right like he’s gonna dump bucket then releases switch and pulls right to actually dump bucket. Same movement just one with switch pushed one without. If you just push the switch nothing happens. Sorry to sound like a moron I just have never used one. Trying to see how it would work.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
So he hits the switch and while holding it moves the joystick to operate grapple. That was my question. Makes sense.So to close grapple he hits switch and pull right like he’s gonna dump bucket then releases switch and pulls right to actually dump bucket. Same movement just one with switch pushed one without. If you just push the switch nothing happens. Sorry to sound like a moron I just have never used one. Trying to see how it would work.

Hey, no worries about that, none of us knew before we figured it out.

You are correct. Now, some people change the action to the other circuit, so that the raise/lower works the grapple, but either way its hooked up, it operates as you said.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts

Close grapple is ‘pull left’ with switch held down. Took a few min to get comfortable, but now I think it is just as good as a true third function for a grapple.

The only oddity about the diverter is pushing lever all the way to the right (fast dump) actually closes the grapple rather than opens it faster. So I have to be careful when opening the grapple by pushing right....don’t push TOO far.

Tim

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Close grapple is ‘pull left’ with switch held down. Took a few min to get comfortable, but now I think it is just as good as a true third function for a grapple.

The only oddity about the diverter is pushing lever all the way to the right (fast dump) actually closes the grapple rather than opens it faster. So I have to be careful when opening the grapple by pushing right....don’t push TOO far.

Tim
That is very odd! How would it reverse the hydraulic flow by pushing farther right?

·
RIP Chris
148 Posts
That is very odd! How would it reverse the hydraulic flow by pushing farther right?
This is likely to happen if you shift into regen (pressure applied to both ends of the cylinder), which is unnecessary. Once you are familiar with the tractor and the grapple, it shouldn't be too challenging to avoid.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts