Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a flail mower suitable for a 1026R? I've got a RC2048, but it doesn't work particularly well in the ups and downs of our trails. Just wondering if the shorter flail mower would work better. Does this even exist in a usable form? Just daydreaming for now...

ETA: Found this, no idea how much it might cost, or how well it would work....
http://www.befco.com/products/hurricane/h40.html

·
Administrator
18,501 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
You could start here http://www.flailmaster.com and work backwards to see what is out there. I have two mott/alamo seven foot ones with 44 perches for 88 blades. The sheet metal guard for the belts is pretty well protected compared to what you posted a link to. One is centered and the other is offset basically as much as possible to have almost all the weight on one lift arm. The centered one is best for extreme inclines and narrow spots while the other one can stick out over drop offs. It also lets you only squash unmowed stuff with one set of wheels. They both can cut equally well close to a fence or obsticle (since they cut wider than my wheel spacing). The real beauty is when you can set the rear lift arms to float. I see the one you linked has some sort of floating top link. There is a different rotor with twice as many perches and a different design blade you can see at the attached link if a finish grass lawn in more of the task at hand. I have used ex municipal ones which took a few days of work each to get to where they are now condition wise.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Fran...k,

That's right. I learned quickly that my Mott mower doesn't like too large of wood or rocks. Now that those areas are tamed down, and my mowers knives have been replaced, it works awesome on tall grass and weeds. Going forward, my plan is too just keep up with those areas with my MMM.

·
Premium Member
2,228 Posts
This should do the job quite nicely: 47 Caroni Flail Mower
I agree with Kenny. My 74" Caroni barely puts my 4720 (58HP) to work at all. It's actually now my neighbor's, and I pull a 12' Rhino flail around now - now that puts the 4720 to work!!!

-J.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts