Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was doing my usual YouTube searches for tractor stuff and came across this.

https://youtu.be/hnaWE4HX5w4

Looks interesting although it is really stacking the snow up in front of it. Can’t tell if it’s going through deeper snow at the same pace as the other one as that’s creating that or not. Just thought I’d share dosent look to be homemade but I can’t find anything online about it either.

·
Registered
700 Posts
So I was doing my usual YouTube searches for tractor stuff and came across this.

Looks interesting although it is really stacking the snow up in front of it. Can’t tell if it’s going through deeper snow at the same pace as the other one as that’s creating that or not. Just thought I’d share dosent look to be homemade but I can’t find anything online about it either.

The Youtube description states it's a Frontier attachment.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Youtube description states it's a Frontier attachment.
I saw that as well and looked on the dealer page as well and looked at the brochure and did not find it in there. I have seen front 3 point attachments for the front end so maybe it’s just the SB1154 with some type of kit.

·
Premium Member
13,084 Posts
I saw that as well and looked on the dealer page as well and looked at the brochure and did not find it in there. I have seen front 3 point attachments for the front end so maybe it’s just the SB1154 with some type of kit.
No way! A SB1154 with its large impeller would be no comparison to the one they are showing. Note the height of the housing isn't much taller than the yellow 54" (if even as tall). They are describing it as "light commercial" yet it is clear from the video that the "yellow" blower is going a much better job of digesting the snow. The yellow blower even had to stop to let the green one catch up. :)

It's clear the video is meant to be a teaser as there is so much more they could have shown us. I mean, they didn't even provide the model number.

Should be interesting to see if it has a steel impeller.

Also note... this video is from CANADA.

·
Registered
76 Posts
No way! A SB1154 with its large impeller would be no comparison to the one they are showing. Note the height of the housing isn't much taller than the yellow 54" (if even as tall). They are describing it as "light commercial" yet it is clear from the video that the "yellow" blower is going a much better job of digesting the snow. The yellow blower even had to stop to let the green one catch up. :)

It's clear the video is meant to be a teaser as there is so much more they could have shown us. I mean, they didn't even provide the model number.

Should be interesting to see if it has a steel impeller.

Also note... this video is from CANADA.
The dimensions appear identical on the Frontier right down to the drift cutter height.
Looks like the “Box” that covers the controls for the chute “side to side” on the JD is not on the Frontier so it has a different mechanism likely.
I would say it definitely has a metal impeller by the throwing performance difference.
I slowed the video down near the end and it looks like the quick hitch is being used as well.

You are right about Canada....the dealer mentioned in the notes is Green Diamond and the video looks like it was taken in Nova Scotia.
GD is where I bought mine in Nova Scotia. I have to drop by the dealer in the near future and will ask my guy if no further information shows up here.

Very interesting development though.....always good to have a variety of options for our tractors.

·
Premium Member
13,084 Posts
The dimensions appear identical on the Frontier right down to the drift cutter height.
You could be right. At first glance it looked to be the same height as the yellow blower.

Looks like the “Box” that covers the controls for the chute “side to side” on the JD is not on the Frontier so it has a different mechanism likely.
That would be huge plus all by itself as the hydraulic cylinder, cables and pulleys system used to turn the chute on the yellow 54" is an outright abomination.

I would say it definitely has a metal impeller by the throwing performance difference.
Think you are right.

I slowed the video down near the end and it looks like the quick hitch is being used as well.
Do you mean the front quick hitch (aka Quicktach) ?

You are right about Canada....the dealer mentioned in the notes is Green Diamond and the video looks like it was taken in Nova Scotia.
GD is where I bought mine in Nova Scotia. I have to drop by the dealer in the near future and will ask my guy if no further information shows up here.
Yeah, that's what I found when I tried to look up GD. I also saw that he had other videos from N.S.

If you get a chance to drop by the dealer please take lots of detailed photos and share them with us! :)

Reactions: etcallhome

·
Super Moderator
5,294 Posts
No way! A SB1154 with its large impeller would be no comparison to the one they are showing. Note the height of the housing isn't much taller than the yellow 54" (if even as tall).
I agree. They claim it's an SB1154 but the main housing on the 54" front blower is 20" tall. The main housing on a SB1154 is 26" so the height difference should be easily discernible. Yet the two blowers they show are pretty much identical in height.

Reactions: etcallhome

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Very interesting development though.....always good to have a variety of options for our tractors.

While looking earlier on in the day on their website I noted a few dealerships that were sorta close to Maine... now given a whole bunch of factors maybe I might be taking a trip up north!
If you do find out anything in the future please let us know. Pictures also if possible. Thank you

·
Registered
395 Posts
While looking earlier on in the day on their website I noted a few dealerships that were sorta close to Maine... now given a whole bunch of factors maybe I might be taking a trip up north!
If you do find out anything in the future please let us know. Pictures also if possible. Thank you
Just be aware that the closest dealer to Massachusetts is in Woodstock, NB. That's 310 miles North of Kittery, Maine up I95.

I see that they have taken over the Toner dealership in Grand Falls, NB.

Dave

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just be aware that the closest dealer to Massachusetts is in Woodstock, NB. That's 310 miles North of Kittery, Maine up I95.

I see that they have taken over the Toner dealership in Grand Falls, NB.

Dave

Thanks, I’m actually lucky enough to have three days off during a week so I could take mini vacations. Plus I just did a google maps drive and it is actually shorter than my drive to the beach house. So maybe I’ll take the wife for a vacation. Now to find things to do and see up there. But I’m putting the cart way ahead of the horse here.

·
Super Moderator
8,202 Posts

Just watched the video. Im not so sure I was impressed by the Frontier SB. Seems like the auger and fan weren't doing the job especially with all the snow accumulating in front of the blower housing. :dunno:

·
Registered
16 Posts
It is in fact a new blower available only for the 1025r... and probably 1023 as well. I took a picture while at the Green Diamond John Deere dealer.... a lousy photo. I am told the blower is manufactured by Rad Tech for John Deere. It is 54” and has 4 blades to the fan. I have one getting ready for me. As soon as I have sold my 2720.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
It is in fact a new blower available only for the 1025r... and probably 1023 as well. I took a picture while at the Green Diamond John Deere dealer.... a lousy photo. I am told the blower is manufactured by Rad Tech for John Deere. It is 54” and has 4 blades to the fan. I have one getting ready for me. As soon as I have sold my 2720.

What exactly makes it only for the 1 series? 2 series machines can use virtually the same frame mount QH on the front as the 1 series. What physically about is so specific that it won’t work on a 2 series?

·
Registered
16 Posts
What exactly makes it only for the 1 series? 2 series machines can use virtually the same frame mount QH on the front as the 1 series. What physically about is so specific that it won’t work on a 2 series?
It’s not using the quick hitch anymore. Its a new mounting system. Unfortunately I did not take a picture of the new mount.

·
Registered
16 Posts
It’s not using the quick hitch anymore. Its a new mounting system. Unfortunately I did not take a picture of the new mount.

It kinda looked like this mount. Ill get a pic soon

Reactions: Winter83

·
Premium Member
13,084 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,084 Posts
If you have a gravel driveway you will quickly come to dislike the serrations on the auger. Those little cutouts in the auger are just the right size to trap medium sized stones and wedge them between the auger and the housing causing massive headaches.

auger1.jpg

·
Super Moderator
5,294 Posts
Any idea what the cost differential is between this setup and the 54" front blower that Deere has been selling?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
It kinda looked like this mount. Ill get a pic soon
Thank you for the pictures and information. Hmm so now a whole new hitch setup wonder if JD will be converting the other two attachments over to this setup or if it will be backwards compatible.
Of course it’s my luck now that I finally got the front end quick hitch just this past week and such JD comes out with a new design. :flag_of_truce:

That video did not show that the green one was faster. It did throw further which would be a help with walls and bushes but to me the yellow one was more efficient. As the new model threw it further it was slower and left a lot spilled to the sides. Which is odd as it has four paddels which usually equates to greater snow moving capability.

Wonder if it will be in the states eventually.
Little off topic but think I’ll still make a visit to see the area regardless!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Any idea what the cost differential is between this setup and the 54" front blower that Deere has been selling?
I was quoted $500 more than the regular 54" blower. It does come with hydraulic rotation (no more pulleys and cables) and electric deflection control using some type of geared mechanism.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts