Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there an 8" smooth bucket available for the 260
backhoe or would I just have to remove the teeth from a Deere bucket?

Reactions: BigJim55

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
38,440 Posts
I've never seen or heard of one. Big $$$.

Reactions: BigJim55

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
Is there an 8" smooth bucket available for the 260
backhoe or would I just have to remove the teeth from a Deere bucket?
if u have the welder and torches u could make urself one like ole billstmax u-tuber up their in Canada. he bought himself a little Kubota excavator, and wanted a smooth bucket for helping clean out the graves he digs. he takes care of a cemetery there.

Reactions: kjmk and TonyBMI

·
Banned
419 Posts
Bucket

I agree that you can make one very easily. I have the large 36 grave bucket and made a smooth edge for it. Had a 1/4 by 6 flat stock on the bottom. Then welded a side piece along the bucket side up about 8 inches on each side and welded to the bottom, and used plow bolts to hold it in place on the side on 3 places. Then the laid a 1/4 by 4 piece over the teeth. Let is over hang the bottom piece by a inch and welded the two together. Sharpened the edge a bit and worked great for 10 years. I got the idea from a contractor who does a lot of water main and sewer line work. They had a similar piece on there Cat hoe.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I agree that you can make one very easily. I have the large 36 grave bucket and made a smooth edge for it. Had a 1/4 by 6 flat stock on the bottom. Then welded a side piece along the bucket side up about 8 inches on each side and welded to the bottom, and used plow bolts to hold it in place on the side on 3 places. Then the laid a 1/4 by 4 piece over the teeth. Let is over hang the bottom piece by a inch and welded the two together. Sharpened the edge a bit and worked great for 10 years. I got the idea from a contractor who does a lot of water main and sewer line work. They had a similar piece on there Cat hoe.

Buy an 8" bucket from Deere (I think they make one..unless it's a 10 inch) and remove the teeth. Bucket has a straight edge that the teeth lock on to and bolt down. Did it on my 12" a few times.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts