Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my 1025r without a mower deck since I don't have grass. Although Now being here for a while there are some areas that I like to keep the weeds and brush down. Since I have tight and uneven spaces areas to cut i think it would be best with a deck mower vs a 3pt hitch.
I've been waiting on a deal and ran across this...

https://baltimore.craigslist.org/grd/d/john-deere-60d-mower-deck-for/6346041483.html

Does this seem like a deal? I would probably use it maybe 10 times a year so its a nice to have.

·
Premium Member
6,064 Posts
I bought my 1025r without a mower deck since I don't have grass. Although Now being here for a while there are some areas that I like to keep the weeds and brush down. Since I have tight and uneven spaces areas to cut i think it would be best with a deck mower vs a 3pt hitch.

https://baltimore.craigslist.org/grd/d/john-deere-60d-mower-deck-for/6346041483.html

Does this seem like a deal? I would probably use it maybe 10 times a year so its a nice to have.
My opinion, yes. Since he Never actually had it on one I would get the model number and just verify with your dealer it will fit. You will also have to find out which PTO shaft it takes and how much it is.

·
Premium Member
2,147 Posts

They are over $2000.00 new, so $1000.00 is a pretty good price. The posted serial number (1M01060DPCM025164) "C" indicates this is a 2012 60D mmm. The serial number on my 60D is 1M01060DJDM034970 "D" indicates 2013 which is what mine is.

You will need to add the mmm lift linkage components to your tractor as they are most likely not on your tractor. The mechanical lift system that connects to the 3 point rockshaft would be the most economical way to go. This system uses the 3 point lift/lower control to raise and lower the mmm. The slight disadvantage is, the 3 point draft arms also go up an down when raising and lowering the mmm. If you set the lower stop on your 3 point control, you will find you do not need to lower the 3 point very far for the mmm to be completely lowered.

It also looks like there is no PTO driveshaft. Also, looking at the pictures, this MMM is not an auto-connect since it doesn't have the coarse spline adapter on the gear box input shaft. Not a problem, you just need to make sure you get the correct PTO shaft.

Link to mmm lift systems......
Mid-mower lift system (1 Family)

Reactions: Robnik

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,286 Posts
Since you didn't get a mower with your tractor, is it setup to put one on? If not you would have to buy all the parts to put one on, both in front and underneath.

Dis-regard, Ray done covered it all.

Reactions: romcjr and Robnik

·
Premium Member
2,147 Posts
Since you didn't get a mower with your tractor, is it setup to put one on? If not you would have to buy all the parts to put one on, both in front and underneath.

Dis-regard, Ray done covered it all.
Levi......Good minds think alike!!!! :lolol:

Reactions: Levi and Robnik

·
Registered
4,383 Posts
Is there a chance that the seller has all the necessary linkage, etc? After all, he bought the mower with his tractor - I would hope the dealer gave him all of the necessary stuff. :unknown:

Reactions: Levi

·
Premium Member
7,937 Posts
Is there a chance that the seller has all the necessary linkage, etc? After all, he bought the mower with his tractor - I would hope the dealer gave him all of the necessary stuff. :unknown:
Seller states he bought to try and fit to an older mower. I am thinking he bought used, it's a 2012, and hoped to mount on an x4XX series, or x5XX series L&G tractor.

Reactions: Levi and Robnik

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
There was a nice fellow IN Wisconsin that had a brand new 60D deck for sale on Craig's List for quite awhile this year. Though I wanted a 54, I was certainly willing to look at it if I could save some money. Like this Baltimore deck, there was nothing other than the deck included with it. By the time I acquired the PTO shaft, linkage and so forth to install it; it was as much or more than a new one from the dealer. Not to mention it was a 3+ hour drive one-way. So be sure to research your related costs.

I looked at my quote, I paid 1425.00 for the 54D Autoconnect deck. That didn't include the linkage or the PTO shaft.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts