Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
I have a 1026. I have a spring that looks to be in the same place as yours. Mine is under tension. however my lift arms are locked in the up position as the mmm is not on the tractor at this time, the loader is. I have the hydraulic lift. I think that spring helps the arms lower when the mower is off the tractor.:dunno:

·
Administrator
20,847 Posts
Maybe I'm old, but I could've sworn that spring attached higher up near the floor board and was under some pretty good tension. I no longer have a 1 series tractor to go reference, but the spring should be under tension.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for reply. I bought machine used and think it has no value as installed . I stopped at dealer other day, but he had nothing to compare to. So hopeing someone on here can help.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
I went out and looked at my tractor again. The left side is in the same spot as mine. It looks to me the right side should be higher. What that spring does is pull back on the hydraulic cylinder to help the lift arms lower when the mower is off. I think the right side needs to go up one hole.

I'd post a pic. But, for some reason I cant get the pic from my camera to my computer.:banghead::banghead:

·
Registered
375 Posts
Here's an image from the Hydraulic Lift Power Kit installation instructions (LVU25178 I2):

Spring 1.jpg

As mentioned in the previous post, the left side is correct and the right side needs to go above the shaft. I remember installing my kit and that spring is under quite a bit of tension when the deck lift arms are in the up position. The spring is to help contract the hydraulic cylinder and drop the lift arms down when there isn't a deck attached.

You'll need to drop the deck lift arms fully to have any hope of reattaching the spring in the correct hole. Even with the arms fully down it will be under tension.

Here's a view of the holes where the spring attaches:

Spring 2 Highlighted.jpg

·
Registered
255 Posts
The instructions show the end of the spring with hook down, but its hard to hook, I find that connecting to lift arm first and then hook upward in the front is easier.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You guys are awesome. I know what I need to do now. This spring when I put deck back on, luckily I stopped to observe the pto shaft alignment. The arms were way up, I put my toes on arms for weight, put hydraulics to down and got the arms to bottom out. No damage done. So reading this last evening, I didn't need to go out to look, I knew you guys were spot on. It's cold and rainy in Minnesota, so I'll wait till a nice day to fix this. Now I don't need to worry knowing its function. I'll repost when done. Thanks again !

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi I'm back! Got the spring issue fixed. Above the shaft is a small difficult to see hole. I struggled from below for quite awhile, then decided to remove the floor board and attack the problem from above. It was still difficult for me. Thanks to all who helped me. With a little help from my friends, I got this done at 78 years old.

Here's a picture of the repair . IMG_0137.JPG

1 - 9 of 9 Posts