Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I found this little guy at the fair this weekend. It's labeled 3020 but it appears to be just a tad small to be a 3020. I'm new to the vintage tractor scene, but I'm assuming that someone took a 100 series and customized it to look like a mini 3020. What does it look like to you? Either way I think it is awesome and I want one! The owner wasn't around so I wasn't able to ask what all went into it.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,281 Posts
Ayup. Looks like someone made a Frankenmower. There was a machine up from sale near me not to long ago where someone took a 316 chassis and installed a Chevy 327 V8 engine in it. Looked nice, sounded awesome. Not very practical for anything. :laugh:

That sort of ting is great for building a novelty machine but you're completely on your own with it. Parts? What parts?

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
I was at a show where a guy was selling kits to do something similar.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
jeverts,

It is clearly 'real' from your photograph, but it is definitely not factory. There are many conversions to tricycle front ends done on the 110, 112 and other model Deere garden tractors, and the stylized rear fenders are a nice touch to this 3020 tribute miniature example. This one looks to have started life as a 112 round fender...but I think the builder did a real good job making it look like its big brother Deere 3020.

Chuck

·
Registered
12,209 Posts
Machinery Pete is one of my favorite TV shows. :thumbup1gif:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts