Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a 1950s Iso Carro 125. It was imported from Italy at some point in its life. There are no numbers but it is believed only a few made it into the US and only one other is known to still exist in the US. It is powered by a 125cc two stroke, has 4 forward gears and reverse. It can be registered, insured and driven on the street.

I am unsure when it last ran but plan on trying to get it running this week. From there we will decide what we will do with it. The wife and I both would like to keep it, restore it and use it to advertise BUT we could also use the money from a good flip like this.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,670 Posts
Now that's cool in a funky way. Just don't take a turn too fast or you'll roll it like a Reliant Robin. I think those types of vehicles are popular in India and other parts of Asia because they can get into tight places. Since it's a three wheeler, it is no doubt classified as a motorcycle, and in post war Europe cars were taxed far more than motorcycles.

Are those 10" wheels?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Looks to be in good shape for what it is. Good luck getting her to run.:thumbup1gif:

·
Premium Member
3,803 Posts
There is a lot of information on the Net about them. They made all kinds of neat stuff even little motor scooters with side cars. Be careful taking that engine apart cause parts may be big time money and rare if you break something. Simple engine to work on and lots of people looking for parts to!

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There is a lot of information on the Net about them. They made all kinds of neat stuff even little motor scooters with side cars. Be careful taking that engine apart cause parts may be big time money and rare if you break something. Simple engine to work on and lots of people looking for parts to!
Where are you finding lots of info on them? I have seen the same info on several sites about the history of the company but not much on the actual vehicles

·
Premium Member
3,803 Posts
Where are you finding lots of info on them? I have seen the same info on several sites about the history of the company but not much on the actual vehicles
I just put the name you posted on a internet search and it just came up. Your pictures on this site also came up too so people looking for parts may end up contacting you to buy it. Don't post what you paid for it or others will know that also! There was information from the UK and other foreign countries including stuff for sale priced in Euros and people wanting to buy and some parts for sale like broke down(apart) engines ect.

Look here; https://www.google.com/search?source=hp&ei=SRXZW4voE_7C0PEPo7u9kAc&q=Iso+Carro+125&btnK=Google+Search&oq=Iso+Carro+125&gs_l=psy-ab.3..35i39j0i22i10i30.3718.3718..7017...1.0..0.1034.3016.6-1j2......0....1j2..gws-wiz.....0.9LpHEJysIZs

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I got to hear it run tonight, it was only about 10 seconds and then nothing, will need to pull the carb and go through it.

·
Premium Member
3,803 Posts
Not much to the Carb on it so it will be easy to clean and you may need to replace the floats needle valve if worn on the end to keep the level proper in the bowl. It will be a common part used in other old ones of different brands you can match up at a tractor shop having 8Ns ect parts loose in draws. Clean all the jets and tubes fuel goes thru with a small wire. Being 2 cycle it may have reed valves and lubricated thru the fuel?

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Uploaded the initial run video to youtube. Need to find a small 6v battery and figure out if this is neg or pos ground. Located a parts and owner's manual, they'll be here in a few days which will hopefully help with wiring it up.

Also need to change the crankcase oil before putting into gear

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUHMrboPJdc&feature=youtu.be

1 - 14 of 14 Posts